Monday, December 7, 2009

Are my easily pouring tear ducts from dad? I think so...‏

Don't get too thrown off by my Subject... it was a good week! Just wondering...
ANyways
So this week has been a pretty tiring week! But when you're tired as a missionary thats a good thing right?
Tuesday:
So for tuesday decided to go on Splits with the Zone Leaders! So that was pretty fun! It was good to get a feel of a new area to get a better feel of Sweden and not just Lund. So I went to a city north of lund on the cost called Helsingborg with Äldste Dawson (one of my zone leaders). And we ran around and we contacted I think everyone we see on our way too and from errands he needed to do! And there was my first time I saw a girl take out a cigarette and light it.. smoke it all and blow it all in our face during our contact with her. Very interesting! But God loves everyone right? So we talked to her and nothing came from it. But then we went around and got his name and what the missionaries do in a local newspaper... I thought that was an interesting way to let people know why there is two americans walking around and talking about God (foreign subject for everyone). But it was awesome... First time riding a bike and by legs BURNED! Anywho....
Wednesday:
We listened to a talk that morning by (Sam you need to look this up because he mentions and explains the last chapters in first nephi AWESOMELY!) Mark E. Peterson and it was called or at least he talked about How the Earth was prespared for the Restoration. It was an AMAZING talk! you all should listen to it! And then Äldste Lords came back up and we went back to Lund. Pretty average day after that.
Thursday:
District Meeting! It was good as always... we learned about how to set meaningful goals and it was pretty amazing! It hard stuff... But once I get it down I know it will give the mission a lot more meaning! Then me and Äldste Lords made Shephards Pie for all of them and we left to Södra Sandby which is a city in our area with some less actives so we visitied them and one wanted written out.. One was sick and wanted us to come back later and the rest werent home! But amazing houses! Then contacting and dinner and a meeting. Good times
Friday:
Weekly Planning day! and so we incorporated our meaningful goals and so that was pretty fun and then we taught our most recently baptized member Viola! And she just awesome.. chinese and we talked to her about the temple and her getting a call sometime and she was just so excited! Then we went to this Polish woman's house and she has been accepting everything were saying and what the previous elders said but everytime they mentioned baptism she would refuse. So me being the way I am thought it was IMPOSSIBLE if someone really understood what being baptized by the right authourity MEANT WHY REFUSE! So we talked about Faith and how these lessons that we teach her dont apply untill she actually applies the Gospel of Jesus Christ INTO her life. And it went AMAZING! Everything was going fine until I bore strong testimony on how much the church has affected my life... And without it I didn't know what I would be without the knowledge that they have. And I told her that it will change her life for the best. But Satan had some major power over her... and she didnt see the purpose of being baptized AGAIN... we explained authority and how were the ONLY church that had it here on the earth today. She thought it was more of a symbol and we said that by being baptized we become capable of attaining the celestial kingdom and trust me... we tried EVERYTHING... But there was something inside of her that just wasnt getting through... It was like teaching a wall and listening to a broken record... We would teach her why.. then she would say ive already been baptized! YEESH! Frustrating so we decided that we couldn't teach her anymore and I bore my last testimony to her (hence the subject) and we left.. Nothing got through to her... it wasnt contentious... just nothing got through! So we gave her back to the Lord. Then to get rid of my stress we went to a school and played a sport with members and less-actives called Innebandy or something like that which is like Hockey but with a large (waffle ball?)
Saturday:
We went to a city called Höör and did some less active work and no one answered... we asked a man in the front of a house if he knew someone.. he looked at our tags and said no.. ouch. So we went to another city next door called Eslöv and the same happened... nothing. Then we came back and taught our AWESOME investigator from Africa Mpoki and we brought a member with us who had two kids and was her same age so they were able to bond and stuff like that so then we talked about how she NEEDED to come to church... she has No problem being baptized and facing conflicts with her family (her dad being a priest). But she finds it hard to find the confidence in going to Church (weird I know) But sooner or later she WILL come to church and she WILL be baptized.. hear you me! Good day
Sunday: Church was fast and testimony meeting and those are just amazing because you are able to see how the members are and how strong their testimonies really are! And after church we had a dinner with a family Wiklöf which was awesome and AMAZING! French bread, spaghetti, and all that good stuff. Then we sshared a spiritual thought with them about chirstmas and we were off! Contacted and went home.
Today:
We took a bus to Helsingborg and took a hike to this amzing place called Mimis and its this guy and takes all of this drift wood that comes in from the sea and stuff like that and build these AMAZING CASTLES! SO CRAZY! probably one of the wonders of the world I kid you not... if any of you come here at the end of the mission were going THERE again. pictures to follow...

But thats my week for ya.. apparently according to Jake Winegar I write epistles so I finish mine by saying... Sweden is Dope. Zone conference this week! YAY! I get my package from ya'll!
PS when should I call you guys Christmas eve or day? what time?
Pss I need to know who I have for christmas! So I can send a package from here! but all is well im keeping warm... members are feeding us... Just need to find out how to excite the members about missionary work! Its tough stuff!

Well love you all! Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment