Monday, October 11, 2010

Dop squared

Dearest Family!

Once again an amazing week! Well, some quick really good news... my companion Elder Nelson, recieved an email about his relation.... to MY grandfather! Take a look...
"Well, I don’t know if you remember our family history stories, but you and your companion are related! You are both the descendents of Mads Peder Nielsen. Mads was born in Denmark in 1833, later joined the church, then left Denmark at the age of 29 in 1862 and settled in Ephraim Utah. While living in Ephraim Mads and his wife had 4 boys -- two of which were named Andrew C. Nelson and Charles Christian Nelson. Andrew C. Nelson is Elder Nelson’s grandfather, and Charles Christian Nelson is Grandpa’s (Garn) grandfather. Charles was called back to Denmark on a mission in 1905, leaving 6 children and his wife. Just after he arrived in Denmark one of his son’s died (you’ve seen the gravestone in Redmond). A few years later, while still serving in Denmark, another son became very ill. Back then the only way home was by boat, and when he left Denmark for Redmond he was aware that his son was critically ill. The story is told that Charles’ brother Andrew (Elder Nelson’s grandfather) met Charles at the train station in Salt Lake and broke the news to him that his critically ill son had died while he was en-route back home. Thus, two of his sons died while he was serving in Denmark. I remember my Grandpa – James Hilton Nelson – talking about how hard it was on the family when his father (Charles) was on a mission, and how the deaths of his 2 brothers devastated the family. He was 10 and 12 years old when his 2 brothers died while his dad was serving in Denmark – much different from the way missionary work is done today with mostly 19 year old boys. Anyway, it turns out you and your companion are very closely related to each other. Mads is also buried in the Redmond cemetery, and I’m sure you’ve seen his grave, too. "

Pretty neat huh? So we have the same great great great grandfathers! Who knew We would be both serving together in SWEDEN?! Anywho... This week was amazing! Unfortunately Li wasn't able to make the baptism... he had conflicts with being communist, so we will be helping him a little more with that. BUT! Allan and Elvis were both able to be taught the necessary things and be baptised on September 9th, 2010 at 5 p.m. It was amazing! Elder Nelson gave an amazing talk and I was able to baptize Allan Raj Raju (from India) and our ward mission leader Björn Engelbrektsson baptized Elvis Kika Tumba (from Congo). It is probably the coolest experience to listen to what the baptismal candidates say after! Allan as we were about to get changed said, " I AM A NEW ALLAN NOW!" It is amazing that I don't remember much from when I was eight years old except my BAPTISM. And it was a neat little deja vu relating back to MY OWN baptism and how I felt. I could honestly feel the Love the Lord has for him and his faithfulness. Elder Stoddard and Barlow (both in Jönköping and my previous companions) both got permission to come and see! After that we went to our ward mission leader's house, had dinner and had a very spiritual meeting with Elvis and Joseph (who was baptized a couple of weeks ago).

My first district meeting was pretty cool. I got a chance to see my whole district for once and feel of their spirit! I talked about WINNING the PRIZE and split that scripture up (Mosiah 4:27?) into 5 different parts. Perseverence, Duty, Balance, Priority and Capacity. Anyways, it was pretty fun!

Pretty much this past week has been preparing the district meeting, Teaching the New converts, and making sure the baptism was planned out perfectly. The confirmations on sunday were done my Elder NELSON ( I am proud of him) in English to Allan. And Elvis got his done in French by a member in the ward! Count your blessings! so cool! It was fast and testimony meeting and Elder Nelson was called to go up there and bare his testimony! Super good swedish. Last night was pretty interesting, we had a teach planned and we called him and said he wasn't there. So we had to leave. we were walking down the street and my companion asked me if I have ever gotten past locked apartment buildings before (little did he know I like to do that a lot) So I told him that was how we got 4 investigators in the same building one time nd he said OK! So we kept walking nd we felt like we should both go into the building, went up to the door... it was locked! But we knew we were prompted to go there. We waited for 30 seconds, a guy came up and opened the door to the complex and let us in. I looked at him, and winked and we just laughed together. Our first door we knocked on was a Finnish lady who is in her mid 40's and been in Sweden most of her life ( by that backround one wouldn't expect them to say yes) But she did! And she wanted a Book of Mormon in Finnish so she could read the next day! So we will be going to her tonight! So cool!

Anyways, tomorrow is Zone Conference and I will have my leadership training! Pray for me! Nah, but it will be good!

Happy Birthday to all of the little one's and especially Whoosie Paizinho! You're 29 right? HAIGH! But because of that, I will be sending you some pictures this week of last transfer, my newest companion, and the BAPTISMS! Fun stuff!

Anyways, go UTES!

I've got nothing else. Love you all!
Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment