Monday, January 31, 2011

Greatest Weekend EVER!!!

What an amazing weekend this has been. My parents must be feeling old... no more teenagers! Thanks to all who emailed me that was super nice to hear from you guys! Anyways this weekend was pretty amazing! It all started this last saturday. We started out the day by taking the train to Kopenhagen (Köpenhamn). We went together with the elders in Karlskrona and the sisters in Lund (sister page in our stake right?). We started out by taking Michael (recent convert last month) to do baptisms and who do I see? Marvin mulato! My first baptism! He is doing amazing! Turns out he has his patriarchal blessing, second time he came to the temple, and his family is investigating the church. He told me, afterwards as we were taking pictures, that he had learned so much being a member in the church. HE said "I just want to thank you for teaching me the gospel, I can't say anything but thank you for what it has blessed me with" That is something amazing for me to hear! I can die happy now! haha but he is so solid because he is such a strong memebr of the church but is a member of one of the most unstable branches! This guy will go far. We went through a session with two africans Kenneth Anyanwu and John Orji and Elder Winegar had the privilege of assisting Kenneth through the temple. It was so cool to see someone you know go through the first time. They were just smiling and taking it all in and enjoying the amazing spirit that is felt at the temple. Everytime I go I just realize how little I understand of the Atonement, but I definitely leave with a stronger testimony of it!
Sunday, January 30th 2011 I turned 20! And we had an amazing church where Dorothy and Obed showed up and brought a relative with her to see her baptism! It was so cool because after sacrament meeting Obed (9 yrs old) kept tugging on me and asking "When am I going to get baptized?!" After sacrament we had a ward dinner and once dorothy was done she asked me if she could just be baptized already! So we rounded up the ward and got them into the chapel, practiced with them a couple of times and started the service! I was able to baptize Obed first and I had never done a family baptism before so I didn't remember that Dorothy would probably want to witness it! Luckily (i guess) he didn't get all the way under, so I waited for her. And she was just cheering him on! And then after he was baptized we came up the steps and let Dorothy and Bishop go in and witnessed from behind! What an amazing experience! There is definitely a special spirit that comes having a family be baptized. Kinda the "were in this together" feeling. And they just loved it and were just smiling throughout the service. We will be teaching their relative that lives with them soon while we teach them the new member lessons! Cool how that works out! My birthday was just that! We just did what a missionary does all day! We made some cookies (thanks mom for the mix) and they were delicious! I actually slipped some banana in the middle of 3 of them and it was pretty delicious! I was definitely blessed this weekend! Heavenly Father "hooked me up" for sure. It was an amazing weekend. It was a good way to start me off in my grown-up years... a temple visit, baptisms. Plus Elder Winegar is the man! So I am spoiled basically.
Well family, thánks for your prayers and your love!
Go utes! oh wait...
Love,
Äldste Webster


PS Also, there are now only 2 elders here in Malmö because elder bjork got sick and went back home after 23 months. Elder Owens is now in Halmstad! But he should be coming back at the beginning of next transfer! Crazy!
Love,
Wad




OH WHAT JOY!!!! Happy Birthday Aldste Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment