Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dig for Gold!

Sorry! I guess my big letter didn't work yesterday! Try #2!

Hello lovely fam!
This has been an amazing week! Just so mom knows I got my Valentines package before my birthday one. I think they will be waiting until Sharpening to get that to me! This past week has been amazing! The highlight of it all was teaching Dorothy and preparing her for confirmation! The first time we met with her she had a friend with her (shila) who also comes from Ghana! Turns out that Shila also brought a friend with her (Leila) from Kenya. I need to make a goal to teach all of Africa! Because I'm sure I'm getting close. haha But Shila came to church last week and absolutely loved it so she brought Leila along for us to teach her as well! So we were going to teach the Restoration to Dorothy. But instead we taught the Restoration to her two friends. Shila was super open for it. Leila, after the teach, said im 7th day adventist... but I really need to be open for the spirit and follow what God tells me! So she decided to read and pray about the book of Mormon. So we got a return appointment with them for a couple of days later. Shila had work and Leila couldn't come. But nevertheless, Dorothy brought her niece to the teach! So we taught her the Gospel so now she knows what our purpose is! And then she said something that made my day! " I am just like Joseph Smith, I have gone from church to church and I am just sick of leaving churches. I just want to join ONE and stick with it! And dorothy told me that the gospel is lived so much more than spoken in this church. So I would like to come and see for myself!" What a line from an investigator right? So pretty much, we have 3 baptisms planned for the end of this month! No set date, but they are all open for the spirit in their lives and thats all it takes! We are also teaching an investigator who has come back from a long vacation in England. his name is Michael. He has a low attention span but we watched the Restoration movie and he understood what it meant for him and he is willing to meet any day to find out if it's true!
We have also been teaching this man who left the church a while ago. And he told us that he wanted to talk to the bishop so that his friend (him) could be baptized! He is an amazing guy. It's taken a lot of prayers and visits but he will pull through eventually! Elder Winegar and I have been planning for our Zone Sharpening message and We are going to be practicing the Standards of Excellence. So we are going to practice Finding, teaching, inviting to sacrament and committing to baptism to give a visual on how POSSIBLE weekly baptisms are! Elder Winegar and I were talking and were thinking that the Ward probably wouldn't like weekly baptisms (as far as preparing for the service goes). But they would definitely be happy with 5 a month. Spaced out every other week. That seems attainable!

As you can see, miracles happen in this work! The Lord will carry out his work whether we do or not. But why not be apart of His work and Glory! This is the greatest work! I'm thankful to be here in Sweden at this time, to be with these people and to feel the spirit testify through me to those I meet. Such a great blessing. Just like all of you! Thanks for all your support and for the advice you give me!

Love you all!
Talk to ya later!

Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment