Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Busy Busy

Hello my dearest family! How grateful I am to have each one of you in my life. I don't know what I would do without the love and care that each of you has had for me! I'm sorry to hear about Grandma, I found out just before sacrament meeting on sunday so it was a good time to ponder about my testimony of the Atonement and it is REAL. I had the opportunity to bear testimony with personal experience of how the Lord answers prayers! Our investigator from Peru, Steffany, told us of an experience when her Uncle had passed away and how when she prayed, got didn't give her what she wanted. But I was able to tell her sincerely on how my prayers to Heavenly Father (hoping that I could see grandma when I got home) were answered in the sense that he comforted me and told me that it was the right time and she had more work to do on the other side! I am so thankful for this Gospel. It's interesting how both of my grandma's have passed away while I have been in a foreign country. I love them both, and I am always strengthened by them knowing that they're cheering me on on the other side!

So this past week Elder Jorgensen and I have been arranging The Mission President's objective to meet all 43 units by the time we leave Sweden. He told us he wouldn't let us go until we got that done! So we have been calling every bishop and branch president in Sweden, arranging times when they won't be out of town, and getting an hour with each of the units where we will either visit them on sundays, or fireside during the week! We are about 75% done! All of July is scheduled! We will be going to Borås on July 31st so I am very excited to see the members and the converts that I love there! We also picked up the new missionaries this last week and then 2 more came on tuesday! Thomas Newell (their son) was able to fill in and go to an area for a week and be a missionary! They challenged 2 people to be baptized so that was really cool for him! The other day as we were contacting in Stockholm we ran into 2 people (at 2 different pasts of the day) that could only speak French. One man was visiting from Paris and we got his number and address so Thomas (who is going to Paris on his mission) can teach him! The next man (from Congo) who spoke French with Syster Newell and Thomas on the phone, will be meeting them at the mission home on the weekend!

On Sunday, we came to sacrament meeting where Steffany and her little sister came. She loved it because it reminded her of our church in Peru! The music was really slow (which explains why "the ward is tired" remark from our Bishop.) so that will definitely be fixed by next sunday! The investigator class was really cool because there is a new chinese convert who brought his friend to church who comes from Nanjing (the same place where Emma and Adam came from!) We also contacted a chinese family downtown so that was really cool because we called Emma and she talked to them and the family was interested because of it!

We ended up coming late to a teach with a new investigator (Joseph from Ghana) and he came late as well. Once he showed up to the YSA Center it was time for the teach with the Peruvian family! So Elder Jorgensen took the Ward Mission Leader with the family and I took Joseph into the other room! I taught him the restoration, he committed to read and pray. He told me he believed in it already. so I challenged him to baptism and he said he was excited to be baptized on August 6th and on the following day (HIS BIRTHDAY) to be confirmed. he told me that while growing up his father (a priest) would always tell him to be baptized and he always rejected it! And so he told me that now he knows the word of God better and feels ready to be baptized!

I love being in the Stockholm ward. The institute (YSA) center is an amazing place. Elder Jorgensen and I basically go up and down a main street, bring in a person to the center and teach them, and then go back up and down the street until we find another! There are so many prepared people in whatever area you are in! It's just the attitude you take with you that makes the difference!

the same night President and Syster Newell came home from Mission President's seminar, we had the Zone Leaders come to the mission home for Zone Leader Råd (council) the following day! It was amazing! We ran to a lake in the morning. Syster Newell talked about Health with Journal writing, exercising, and diet. President Newell talked about Strengthening the church and how the mission will now be giving a large focus on home Teaching and really serving the members in our ward. It is inspiring to hear the life-changing experiences that the Newells have had because of home teaching! I look forward to become a better home teacher myself. I have always looked at it as a time to share a scripture, and ask if we could help with anything. But it really is a time to help them come closer to Christ, discern needs and act upon the impressions you receive to help your families! Also, just imagining the power that will come as the missionaries, along with the members home/visit teach and discern needs and respond to their needs by charitable service.

This week has been a week of contemplation, hard work, stretching, and edifying of the Lord and I am glad to be a servant of the Lord while I am still here!

Thank you all for your love and support!

Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment