Monday, June 7, 2010

How Chur Ma. From Borås‏

Familjen Webster!
I can't believe everyone hit up the yard this past week! Well... knowing our yard... it will probably be a disaster in a couple of months anyways but you GOTTA love it while it lasts! HAIGH! Well thats sad to hear about the Mantua house but I wasn't getting my hopes up because Dad has broke my heart too many times with houses. EN Gång TILL! haha Not really... Gotta love the Whoosie. Well it sounds like you all are doing amazing and living up the good summer times!
The weather here in Borås is probably the nicest I have ever been in... probably because I got here right in the beginning of winter so I'm excited to enjoy this sun going down at 11pm every night and coming up at 5. IT's pretty nice. Kinda lame to wake up an hour early because the sun shining in your face. Jag överlever. Our apartment is a 5 minute walk to a giant lake surronded by trees that we jog to every morning. And in town you have a lake going right through it. This week has been a pretty miraculous week. Love the ward. And investigators are moving forward.
There was this one girl that I contacted on the bus who had a NY hat on so I asked if she had been to new york. The conversation was amazing because I related quickly to why I was here in Sweden and told her of my experience in recieving an answer about the Book of Mormon. I told her that she could do the same thing... she then hit the stop button on the bus... said "I wish" to me and so I asked her if we could talk about it sometime and she said for sure and off the bus she went. I was so disappointed in myself for not getting her number or giving her a pass-a-long card because I could feel that she was interested in finding out for herself. But she was gone. As we walked home I was pretty bummed and prayed to Heavenly Father that if it was his will to meet her again that he would put me in the right place so that I could find her again! What is a prayer of Faith without the works shown afterwards? Nothing. So the next day we had about an hour free so we decided to go into the city and walk along the river.. ya know.. nbd right?! as we walk along I saw girl waving us down to come over. It was HER! She was even with her friend! So we talked for a little bit and then we asked them if they were interested and her and her friend both gave us their numbers to talk more about Prayer and the Book of Mormon. AWESOME! The Lord's hand is really in this work if we exercize the Faith necessary to go and find the prepared!
Michelle from China is still doing great. She said she had stopped drinking tea altogether and She just agreed to pay tithing! We have gone through everything with her and she is looking very positive for the 19th of June. Just needs to come to church one more time! She was able to come during fast sunday and even though she didn't understand much of what they said she said she could see the sincerity in everyone's eyes. She liked that.
Li from China is a super amazing guy. We are almost done teaching him everything and now that schooling is over he promised us that he would be reading in the Book of Mormon every day and praying to know if it is true. He is an amazing guy and should also be ready to be Baptized on the 19th or the 26th of June.
Alinda from Sierra Leone has two kids. We were able to review with her some of the commandments. She told us that she would come to church but she never showed up. It's too bad. But this week we will be focusing on getting her and her kids ready for BAptism by the end of the Month. She told us she threw away her cigarettes so that is one step closer!
Another cool experience was that we were contacting in the city park. And we came up to this man with his kid. He had no idea what we were saying. We understood that he came from Serbia and he pointed to our name tags and said KYRKA! (which means church) and he gave us a thumbs up. We gave him a pass-a-long card and we said Kyrka... Söndag... klockan 13! Church... sunday... 1 oclock. And he said OK! We then left him pretty hopeful that he would remember. And then we continued. half an hour later. He came up to us with his wife and three kids and explained to us that he couldn't come to church because he has one bus card and 5 in his family. He gave us his adress and we are going to be teaching him tomorrow! super cool family. I would say pretty prepared!
This week's district meeting was amazing! We talked about Faith. And then I was able to go on splits with Äldste Winegar. He is an amazing missionary. Gave me some good tips. It's amazing how many people are believing in Jönköping. We had an amazing time.
Other than that things have been amazing. Were getting along. Good stuff.
WELL fam. I am in Jönköping today playing some innebandy with us, jönköping and Alingsås. Super sick!
Love ya,
talk to ya next week,
Wad

No comments:

Post a Comment