Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Äldste Webster in BORÅS!‏

Hey dearest family of mine! Sorry I didn't send in an email yesterday... we came to the library and the internet wasn't working so we had to cut our p-day short and think of something to do. But HEY now im here!
Transfers were crazy crazy but I am super excited for this transfer! On Thursday I took an amazingly long train ride to stockholm. There I was able to see my WHOLE group together again! It was good times. I was hoping to see my trainer Elder Lords but he decided to go to the temple one last time... pff.. PRIORITIES RIGHT?! He's a good man, he called me up after and we chatted so I was a happy man. In Stockholm I was able to meet with Elder Jamon Winegar (aka my new district leader) and his greenie. We then took a train ride out from Stockholm to Göteborg. There I met my new companion Elder Bush! He has been on his mission for 2 months (1 transfer). He is really an amazing missionary and a hard-worker! He is pretty much an answer to my prayers! He comes from Highland, Utah and on the Bus ride to Borås we discovered that he went to Lone Peak (i think) and we sang at the Lex de Azevedo's "Gloria" thing together last Christmas! CRAZY stuff! We've got a Bass II and a Tenor II in Borås so we are really excited for that!
This week I have just been able to come to know some members, investigators, and getting to know the AREA! The Ward here is AMAZING! On Sunday the bishop (Bishop Murray from Murray, Utah) asked me to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting. I have honestly never seen a more unified ward regarding missionary work in my life! During Sunday school we were talking about Sacrifice and somehow they started talking about different ways they have helped the missionaries and ways they can improve and how much missionaries have helped them in the past! My chin dropped... I asked Elder Bush if Sunday School was usually like this and he says that every week they seem to relate the lesson to sharing the message of the gospel to their friends. This place is AMAZING! You really forget how blessed you are until it is gone. Växjö really helped me learn so much and I look forward to using the members as much as I can!
Our most positive investigators right now (the ones that I have met) are
Alinda - a woman from Sierra Leone who was supposed to be baptized a couple of weeks ago but had a problem. We were able to teach her with our Bishop and resolve most of her concerns. Generally, it comes down to recieving a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and if you do that the desire to quit smoking and commit to the commandments will be a lot easier! She has two kids who we met yesterday and had a family home evening together with the stake presidents family. We watched the restoration and Alinda wanted to hear our testimonies of the Restoration. The movie, the game and the spirit that was there made her a very happy mother! We will be trying to start teaching her 2 kids Henke and Paulina so that they can all be baptized together! EXCITING!
Michelle is a girl from China who has been studying here in Swedish and plans to stay here for a while. They just barely met her, she has been reading out of the Book and pamphlets that we give her and says that she is Happy when she reads them. She started to realize that that was the Holy Ghost telling her that this message was true. We taught her the 2nd lesson (with Swa's chinese pictures) and commited her to Baptism. She said YES! June 19th is what we are shooting for and she and we are EXCITED!
There are some other chinese investigators who we have and many others on their way! This transfer is going to be super exciting! But right now I have to go because my companion is preaching repentance to some Muslims playing chess! So I will talk to you all later!

Congrats to Brynn on the 4th and MOMMA on the 6th! I'll try and send you guys something sometime! Awesome stuff!

I love you all!
More news next week!
Äldste Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment