Monday, July 5, 2010

ZAKI!

So it sounds like the fam had an amazing time over the 4th of July! That's so exciting to hear about Anthony on his way, also with the cordons... I can't believe that we were in their position 6 YEARS ago! Holy Cow how time flies! So many things have happened since then! I am truly humbled by how blessed I have been over these years! So much learned... some lessons learned many times... (jake?)! Anywho.... I am debating to ask you guys for pictures of the Mantua house... although I would really like to see it... I think I can wait! HAIGH! Well I love getting emails from you all and thanks for writing your little bro in Sweden!
This was quite an amazing week! I have been blessed in so many ways! One of the nightly plannings that we had was pretty amazing! I saw that we had two teaches and then an hour in between then. I had a distinct impression that something special happen between those two teaches. So I wrote down a star. The next day, after we had the first teach.... we were looking around... waiting to see what this special prompting was all about... as we were contacting I looked over into the park. And I saw two ladies... sitting on the ground... with dark skin... and BRIGHT YELLOW shirts... you could only guess who I thought those people were. As this shot of Joy swelled in my heart I knew I was supposed to talk to them. As I came closer I interrupted them my saying com licensa? And they answered me back! What a relief it was to finally hear that beautiful tongue again! I asked them where they were from and one was from Rio and the other from somewhere up north. We told them who we were and why we were there. Unfortunately they weren't interested. But I bore my testimony to them in Portuguese and made sure they knew why I was there and told them of God's love for them. I was so comforted to know that even though they weren't interested... they could see that it wasn't just by circumstance that I was there... but in the Lord's time and in his way they will be able to recieve the gospel! That was amazing!
So our main man Zaki was a miracle story this week. We were able to get the Zone Leaders to do Work overs with us. We went through the Baptismal Interview questions with Zaki and everything was clear. Since the Zone Leader was there that day... we decided that he would be able to have an interview with him that night! And so he did and he was ready for Saturday! On saturday he came to church and we got him all ready for the service. He chose me to do the Baptism. As we headed to the Baptismal font... I walked in to it and it was only knee high... SHEESH. So he came in and I said the prayer. The first time he wasn't able to get his hnds all the way in... so we tried it a second time... and everything was under except his knee cap... (the water was too low) So.. the third time we were told that he should sit down and I should kneel... And it went very smoothly. Funny story... then the next day I was sure that he would choose elder Bush to do the confirmation but he told me to... SCARY! My first confirmation in Swedish! But it was awesome! The spirit was strong and told me some very distinct things for him to know. That was an amazing experience.
Zeina from Lebanon is doing great... and has a strong desire to follow Jesus Christ. So she was able to come to the baptismal service... willing to keep the word of wisdom and looking pretty positive for this saturday!
Alinda we were able to watch Joseph Smith prophet of the restoration. And she liked it but just isnt into this Joseph Smith idea... which is sad. But she commited to read and pray a lot more. And hopefully she will be doing that!
Other than that our investigators are doing great.. just busy on vacation and stuff during the summer.
One more last story then I have to play some Innebandy... because im in Jönköping today celebrating the 4th of July!
So the Serbian family had been going through some crazy stuff during the week. But they were able to make it to church! Our ward mission leader happened to print out the 2nd lesson in Serbian out of Preach my Gospel... pretty miraculous! So we told them to read... And seeing how willing they were to come to church... I remembered distinctly how were were taught last rransfer that a Baptismal commitment should be specific and direct. I remembered that the commitment was in every chapter of the lessons... So I showed them the commitment... they read it out loud.. looked at each other and said YES! That miraculous family that we found... just by saying KYRKA... and them coming to church and Anja the less active translating for them... has commited to Baptism!!! Amazing! July 24th is what we are shooting for! What a miraculous sunday! AGAIN! I am loving Sundays here!
Well family there is probably more to say... but this is way too long and am sure you are getting sick of it! Our weather right now is perfect and has been all week! Sun is shining... between 70-80... maybe even reached 90 the other day! Loving it! Beautiful sunsets!
I love you all and thanks for the letters and love and support....
LOVE ALWAYS
WAD

No comments:

Post a Comment