Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Farväl, Malmö‏

Hello dear family,
This past week has been quite a great one. Congrats to Jake and Ailin for allowing me to be an uncle once again! (make sure he knows me) Eli. What a great name! I hope Benjamin is doing great as well!
I have been loving this transfer so much! Last sunday one of the recent converts came up to us and said he had a friend he would like us to meet. Her name is Patricia (Uganda). We were able to teach her a bit about the Restoration, half way through the lesson she said "here, have this mans number, he needs God in his life too!" So she gave us his number, days later we taught him the restoration and this man is PREPARED! We also have been able to teach Xiao Yang Wen from china and we taught her the Restoration. She loved it and is wanting to read and pray about the book of mormon! We had invited her to go to a baptism of a woman (Wei, who I was able to interview) in Lund. And she said that she wanted to! So last saturday we had Xiao, Patricia's sister and daughter (Flavia and Sara), and Sebastian (a recent convert's 9 year old son) there at the baptism in Lund! Sebastian, during the service, turned around to Elder Winegar and said "Jag vill döpa mig" meaning.. I want to be baptized! So at church we talked with him and his dad and arranged for him to be baptized the 19th of march! Sunday at church Patricia and Flavia weren't able to come, but instead they send 3 of their kids to church! So we had a great time in primary! It was great because I had an amazing opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting about the Priesthood! Overall, we had a very good week. I wouldn't be suprised if there was 5-7 baptisms in Malmö next transfer. Then came transfer calls, Elder Winegar will be in Malmö for his last transfer and training a new Zone Leader (elder Bush... my first companion in Borås), and then he said Elder Webster, I would like you to come join me in the office and be my assisstant, where you will be with Elder Jorgensen. After he had said that he went to tell Winegar who would be in his zone, unfortunately I was half in shock and wasn't listening at all. I felt somewhat humbled during this phone call. I'm excited to be with Elder Jorgensen (he is 1 of 4 in my MTC group), and I know that I will be learning so much while I am there! President "white washed the assisstants" so there will be much to learn in these beginning weeks as me and elder jorgensen try to tackle the tasks that we'll have. A very positive thing is that Elder Stoddard (my first son) is a secretary, so he will be in the same apartment so we'll have a blast there!
So family, letters will get to me quicker now because I live at the office! when you send to the enebybergsvägen address you send straight to me!
I'm thankful for the many experiences I had in Malmö. And look forward to sharing them with Elder Winegar later in the future! Sorry, the letter is short today but we gotta take care of transfers and things! I'll be in contact with ya'll later! P-days should be on Saturdays now if i'm not misunderstood so GOOD THINGS!
Love,
Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment