Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pre-conference!!

Hejsan!

Thank you mother for the 2 memory cards. That's incredible that you got two, it will definitely last the rest of my mission. And a lot more! Mother I actually haven't gotten anything for quite a while from connor, mitch, b-man, riley.... they are all kinda slacking, so if you have pictures of them feel free to send them! At the beginning of this past week it was around 40's and things were beginning to melt! But now as Iook out the window. It is snowing again!
I'm really looking forward to conference this weekend! This past week has been an interesting time for me because the way I can get answers during conference is if I ask the right questions! And I noticed that I won't be having another conference here on the mission. Sad story... So it's been a great time of reflection for me thinking about what kind of a person I want to be by the time next general conference comes around. I read a talk from Elder Bednar today about how missionary work really should go down. (Ask in Faith talk) The full-time missionaries are full-time teachers of the gospel. The members are full-time finders! So I am just thinking about what things I can do here on the mission (as I find, teach and baptize) to prepare me for Finding (spreading gospel, finding a job, wife... etc) when I am a returned missionary. No, this is not trunky talk... this is preparation.

Anyways, I am loving it here with my 4 companions here in the office. This past week we have been preparing for a Sisters Training for tomorrow. The plan mainly is to strengthen their confidence in doing missionary work. Because they don't have that many opportunities to go on exchanges so this is a time where they will all get to change companions... go out and do what we all love to do, just building the courage to DO it! Also Elder Jorgensen and I have been talking about the messages that we want the Sweden Stockholm Mission to know, do, and love. We were reminded of the re-dedicatory prayer that President Monson gave for the land of Sweden. He says that as the missionary force and the members combine their efforts, the objectives that the mission and stake leaderships have will become a reality! So we wanted to focus on combining our efforts in "Accessing the power in Priesthood Leadership" so that what has been impossible in Sweden, will become possible.

The investigators we have are slowly, but surely coming!
Gary (england) is not doing so well. We taught him and his daughter Kimberley at the church and they had accepted baptism in the teach previously. It just so happened that we were going to teach them lesson 3 and we committed them to a specific date. They got a little scared of the date so we just invited them to church. The next day, Gary called us and said that they had been talking and they didn't feel so comfortable. But he would still give church a try. So we are going to invite them to General Conference and feel that spirit that is there as we listen to the Prophet!
We tracted into this man from Montenegro whose name is Mario, who had just moved here a couple of weeks ago. He speaks English, catholic, and really interested to find out about the Restoration. He prayed at the end and we felt the spirit there. This man feels really positive!
At church we had invited at least 7 to come but 1 man came, which I am so grateful. He is a swede named Anders, at the beginning of sacrament meeting he wasn't willing to sing the hymns... just excuses. But the fast and testimony meeting was so spiritual it was amazing! By the end he was wiping his eyes a little bit, could really feel the spirit there and sang the closing hymn! This man had a weak Faith in God, but because he chose to come to church, no doubt, his Faith was strengthened!
Those are just a few highlights from the week. This Sunday I will be going over to Brynn's friend Biskop Koch's house for dinner with my companion and the elders in their ward between conference sessions! So I will for sure be taking some pictures!

I love you all, thanks for your letters and prayers and support!

Love,
Äldste Wad

No comments:

Post a Comment