Saturday, April 23, 2011

Zone Conference wk.2

Well Hellooo!

What an amazing week you all had! Congrats to Jake and Ailin on graduating from LDSBC and blessing the baby boy! That is so exciting! I also want to congratulate whoosie on purchasing a truck (Ford? I didn't know our family was a Ford one) Anywho... that is crazy that Davi has come home! And B-man is on his way! Time flies by. Speaking of time flying, Zone Conference weeks are over! I can now say I have gone all around the mission and seen all the missionaries! Sweden is such a beautiful place! The snow is now all melted throughout Sweden and the nature is growing and it really is just a beautiful place! Last week we had planned on taking a 7 1/2 hour car ride up to Malmö but President offered to have us flown up there. So we gladly accepted! Elder Jorgensen and I took a one hour plane ride from Stockholm to Umeå up to the northern part of sweden! There really is a special feeling up north. As we came back for the weekend, the secretaries got a baptismal date and later on, we did as well! An investigator named Urjee (from Mongolia) who is a professional singer in Mongolia is set for the 21st of May because she will be going on tour to Norway for a week or so! She's a big deal. That sunday we had Natalie (Vietnam) come to church with her 2 year old son! It turned out that she lives in the same apartment building as one of our members and their kids go to pre-school together! Automatic fellowshipper! It was super great. She was able to enjoy church and her kid was taken care of in primary! Elder Jorgensen and I had a pleasant drive down to Göteborg and out message was the most powerful there I would say. We did coke bottle explosions (with mentos) at the end and Göteborg Zone's exploded the highest. (Yeah the coke bottle's lid had hole's drilled in them. Then we attached the mentos to a pin. The we unplugged the pic, the mentos dropped, and CABOOM!) We took a little detour on the way to this factory outlet. My companion and I were going to by some REALLY nice swedish suits with the brand name (Tiger of Sweden). But I backed out because it was too much money... he got his half off which was fortunate but it still cost him 2500 crowns. I got myself a nice shirt (Jake, one with an amazing collar), two ties and a tiger of Sweden belt! It looks fancy. But now I don't have to but anything else here in Sweden! All done... hopefully. Thanks to sam and Lara I was able to use those pictures of the temple and write one to everyone I have baptized and gave it to the elders in the specific areas. The biggest highlight of my trip was to hear about my recent converts in Borås. Joseph (Nigeria), Allan (India), and Li (China) have all recieved the Melkisedek priesthood! I was so happy for them that they have progressed so far in the gospel! I am thankful that they have been worthy to become such great priesthood bearers! It was really good to drive down to Malmö again. I was talking to Elder Winegar about Mothers Day calls and he reminded me that he would be on the other side of the line by then. Ha! So that's exciting! While we were there we were also talking about driving the speed limit. Which posed a question, is going over the speed limit not keeping the law of the land? So in experiment, on the way back from Malmö to Stockholm we decided to go the speed limit the whole way. Interestingly enough we saw President pass us 3 times on the way back. One of the blessings that came was that half way through the trip the Andersons invited us for lunch. If we would have been speeding, we would have already eaten, but because we weren't, we ate all four of us together! That was a plus! Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and is a marvelous time to remember the savior. What an amazing time it is now to testify of the Living Christ! The sun never sets on righteous missionaries testifying of the savior! And here I am! today we look forward to finding and inviting people to Easter Sunday for them to really have a chance to Remember Him. How thankful I am for Him, for the enabling power of His Atonement. How his life has changed mine and everyone's I meet.
I love you all and I will be emailing again this next wednesday! I am thinking that 11 am your time and 7pm my time would be best. Hopefully I will be able to hear from my WHOLE family this time... why not?

Love,
Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment