Monday, April 12, 2010

Verkligen?! Kyrkan är sann‏

Well now the family is all married off, populating the world, and things back to normal! Now being the only single in the family I demand weekly... if not monthly letters! Ah... just trying to take advantage of this moment.. wont happen though. ANYWAYS.... Well last monday was amazing we got to watch the last session of general conference of the church computer with little tiny speakers coming out of the computer. Good times... for what I could hear... Grandfather did amazing! Who was the pictures that he showed... hard to tell they all look alike! Anyways... I'm glad to hear that Dad ordered an iPad.. I knew he would give in to apple someday... If you can all think back to the beginning of brazil... where we all had windows... And now were all converted to Macs! It's good to hear my family is officially converted! YES! The wedding pictures were amazing! By the way.. I wouldn'tie that sam wore... the same one I wore while getting my endowments... blue gray white stripes. Anywho....
This week has been quite the week!
Somayeh... one of our most progressing investigators came back from a vacation in Malmö and we have taught her much. After everything... she told us of her beliefs about Christ... but the miracle of it all was that when we said what we believe and what she needed to do to believe and find the same happiness that we have found... we could see the mighty change in heart that she had. The next teach we taught her about Baptism and how important of a step that is to be baptized... so we asked her if she would take that step once she got a confirmation that it was true and she said YES! Even though she is quite busy with school right now she said she would have a date by next time! It's AMAZING how much the message of the Atonement can really effect someones life! I have come to really appreciate the Hymn "I stand all Amazed" definitely one of my favorites!
Soumitro our man from bangladesh... he is doing awesome! He is starting to believe a lot more in God and using prayer to guide him in the Spiritual and temporal things of life and he and us have noticed a change in him and I am convinced it is because of the converting POWER of the Book of Mormon. He is really busy right now with school work but is making progress...
The phrase Attitute determines your Altitute really is very true! You can really notice the difference it makes when we contact, tract, and teach how when we seem happy, and when we bear our testimony... and link the two together... they are able to see how "whatever message they have... it brings them happiness" So even if you don't have good teaching or language skills... what matters most is the Love you show to the people you met every day that attracts them to the Gospel.
Birgit who is in her 70's and takes us in and listens to us have gotten eye surgery and is now able to READ! Even though she has grown up in the Swedish church... she accepted the challenge to read Alma 32 and pray to know if our message is true. It really is amazing to see that we really ARE here to find the prepared! This is our work... If we do OUR part to find the prepared.. the Lord will do his part and put him in our path!
Unfortunately bad news came this past week. Pan our New convert recieved a letter from the Swedish government and has been told to return to Thailand! This really made me sad how such an amazing woman full of Faith is now being sent home... so this week we will be meeting her to see what we can do to help spiritually and physically... I am hopefull that she will be able to continue in the Faith back in Thaiand!
Marvin our man from Peru is doing AWESOME! He came to general conference... came to church... and came up to me and asked me 2 questions... 1. "when can I get a temple recommend" 2. "Where do I get the tithing slip and who do I give it to?" Once again... I Stand All Amazed!
Toy who is from Thailand... we were able to meet and she is doing great as well... She said she reads out of the book of Mormon and then puts it under her buddha statue every night... (well... we are taking one step at a time....) But her husband has read in it. We have bad a tough time understanding Toy so we though to bring Pan along for one of the teaches! She said "that would be #1!" So we'll see how that goes!
We still hvae been visiting our less actives more and more and still standing all amazed when I saw Bosco and Peter (two less actives) come to church with white shirts and ties and suits on! The Lord really has been blessing us and we can really see the fruit of our labors!
Zone Conference was amazing! President talk was amazing on how we need to Match our will with Gods and a few things that we can do to not just be missionaries with authority.... but missionaries with POWER! Relating to elder Elder (Oaks?) talk in conference. AWESOME... Sister Anderson talked about using the FOURmat in teaching so that we can teach with more clarity and purpose And bearing testimony! the Assisstants talked about compaionship inventory and how to not make it awkward! haha it was kinda hillarious but well needed. And then the Zone leaders compared the Promise in Moroni 10:3-5 to weekly planning... although abstract... I really learned a lot from that. They took the Verbs out of that and said how relevant it was to weekly planning! AWESOME! President also told us all to prepare 5 minute talks on my reflections of the Atonement... and I was chosen! I was pretty nervous... but felt confident in my testimony... After that some elders came up to me and said "how do you feel about being senior next transfer" apparently who pres calls to talk is a sign... AND I AM NOT READY FOR THAT SIGN! haha well... if thats true I hope the lord will prepare me sufficiently!
Other than that my companion is taking naps... just during study... but now he took a step further and slept right after lunch through weekly planning... hmmm... wasn't that fun but I thank you all for your advice! We are getting along and stuff and Mom thank you so much for that scripture!
I love you all and thanks for all you do! Stay the same! Thanks for the pictures and stuff!
P.S. David, Br's, Dan & Laura, Sam.... thanks for writing... wait.. "You've changed"
Love,
Äldste Wad

No comments:

Post a Comment