Monday, April 19, 2010

Whose work is this ANYWAY?!‏

Hello dearest family!
This week I have truly been blessed by the Lord and once again STAND ALL AMAZED in whose work this really is... read the following to understand what I mean:
Äldste Barlow is an amazing companion, he has taught me how to become a better teacher and really rely on the spirit and trust in God that he will put the words in my mouth if I treasure up the word during my studies. Although he likes to take naps and not work as much as I would like... he is doing so much better and really becoming more and more Obedient. I have really learned to love my companions and been striving to see them as God does. (The SAME as He sees me). The more we get to know each other the more we grow in respect for each other, and that our vision of doing the lords work really fixes any problems we have!
Marvin is doing great and just had his interview for the priesthood yesterday and taking one step at a time! This reminds me of an amazing story that occured this week... We were on our way to Marvin's house to review with him the 2nd lesson, we were a little saddened because we weren't able to get a member with us but that didn't stop us. So we went to his house and rang the door-bell, no answer... called him and he forgot! We were able to reschedule for a few hours later and so we decided to visit a less-active that hadn't accepted the missionaries for a while. Although we had our doubts... we had our cookies in our backpacks and were determined to share! So we walked to her house, rang the door bell and she opened the door and said "I only have 10 minutes and I have to pick up my son... but you can come in!" So we were able to talk to her and her son and leave a spiritual thought and be on our way. After that we took a bus to the church where we had said to meet marvin... we found Robert (a member in the branch) and he was going to the corrolation meeting and was on his way to the church and offered to join in the teach! Amazing! We got to the church and Marvin was there with his non-member brother who just met in the city and agreed to come to the teach! We were truly blessed by the Lord to see that we must Trust in the Lord even when things seem like they will fall-through!
Pan our other recent convert has been having it rough this past week... we called her all week and she never answered. The day before the stake temple trip I really needed to contact her to see if she could come... she finally answered and said she had a meeting... but after I bore my testimony to her over the phone she was set on going to the temple. One thing that she didn't realize though is that the temple was in Copenhagen... She called us back asked where it is.. and since she has trouble with the government now she can't leave the country... and if she did she would have to go to Thailand. Terribly sad but we will be working with her more and getting her back to church!
Somayeh from Iraq is doing great and we were able to have a member with her and they really do enjoy each other's company so it really is amazing to see how much teaches change when they have someone there besides the missionaries! Most of our investigators have been busy with school because it is finals time but these times are good to show us who is interested and who isn't!
Claudette with the 4 kids.... showed the Book of Mormon to her friend and they have been enjoyed reading the Word of God together and at their homes! She has been sick but we have been able to stop by and say hello a couple of times... still looking positive!
Princess who is an 18 year old from Africa we were able to ay hi to after a long time of her studying. We were able to pass by and invite her to church and she said she would... Although it didn't sound likely that she would... she DID and we were really blessed because the relief society took her in well and left with a new friend, one of our new(ish) members Bosco! We asked if we could teach her sometime during the week and said she would be busy. But we said... well how about tonight. She said I am FREE! And then she said... is it alright if Bosco comes too? Man it's amazing what happens when members strech out a loving arm to the investigators that come to church!
Tony... our Assyrian Christian man from Iraq... he has been doing great! And the Lord is blessing him! We came by yesterday and asked him how he was doing.... he asked us if we pray for the people we visit every day and we said OF COURSE! He then looked at us and said.... every time I invite you guys over... EVERYTIME I have a better day the next day and I have success in my work. After we had talked for a little while longer a man called him on his phone... after a long talk of excitement and he hang up the phone. He stared at his phone... stared at me for about 10 seconds... me feeling uncomfortabe said " do you have to go and fix another computer?" He said no... even better... I have been trying to sell my car for a while now... and this guy just called me and said he was INTERESTED IN THE CAR! What do you guys do?! After a long time of mesmerizing he said oh my goodness... I'm going to be a MORMON! I can't believe it! haha
He had to leave right then to show the guy his car... so he called us today and said he sold it and said "I need to talk to you guys!" so we will be speaking to him tonight!
Something that has really been changing my mission is doing what Sister Anderson asked a while ago... WRITE DOWN 1 MIRACLE A DAY! It is amazing when you do that you begin to see how much God's hand is in this work and that NOTHING can stop it from moving forward! It leaves you with a positive outlook on the Work I am here to do and who what and why I am REALLY serving! This work is inspired and I love this Gospel!
The mission really has taught me something. Something that comes from Elder Bednar's talk.... Alma 32... and D&C 6 (the last verses which I talked about last week at Zone Conference). Elder Bednar : God created things to ACT and to be ACTED UPON... which one will we choose to be?! Alma 32:16... it is better to CHOOSE to believe rather than Humbling circumstances enabling you to finally believe (same thing can be applied to Obedience or any other Christ-like attribute) Are we going to WAIT to be forced to Choose the Right and do the things we feel and Know are right or are we going to (D&C 6) perform with soberness the work which the Lord has commanded us... doubting not and fearing not and Apply the Atoning blood of Christ in the things we do EVERYDAY!
Wow... is it weird that I learn something everytime I write or bear my testimony to you people?! Sheesh... stop that!
Anyways... this week has just been AMAZING! Look to the Lord in EVERY thought... doubt not... fear not.. (my addition) WHY not?!
This is way too long... and I have to go and preach but Thank you for those who took in my call to repentance and WROTE me and for those of you who didn't well... I'll forgive.
I love this Work... I love this Gospel... I love my family... I love my PERFECT Example Jesus Christ.
SEEK to do GOD'S will and anything you do CANNOT FAIL! maybe tested... but NEVER Fail... (1 Nephi 15:11)
Love,
Äldste Webster
P.S. President Snow is visiting us a week from tomorrow and I will be seeing Elder Jamon Winegar! SICK!
I'll send you pictures once I get some with him... DEAL? deal... too P-day is next tuesday so I will write then!
Until then...
Wad

No comments:

Post a Comment