Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Goodbye Växjö

Well hello dearest family! This last week was pretty amazing and the Lord has really blessed us with finding these new people in preparation for the new transfer!
I am really glad to hear that the family had a blast in Las Vegas and that the temple visit was amazing. I remember going through with my homies and it really was an amazing temple! Good times there.
Well this morning after intensely waiting for Presidents call, he gave us our assignments on where we are going!
Elder Barlow is going to be staying here in Växjö and training a newbie. I wasn't guessing that... but it must be inspired! He told me that I would be moving to Borås! It's an average sized town an hour train ride out of Göteborg (Gothenburg), he told me that I would be SENIOR to a 1 transfer old elder named Elder Bush. Don't know much about him but I heard he is an amazing missionary and tall. AMAZING! So this is going to be amazing! Pretty crazy that i'm going senior... but we must press forward with Fe right?! yikes... but some amazing news is that Äldste Winegar will be training and MY district leader! AWESOME! So we will have a little weekly family gathering! Amazing!
Elder chester my MTC comp is going to Gotland (the big island to the right of Sweden). PERFECT for him.
Elder Lords... my dad... is dying (going home). Sad things.
Elder Takahashi is going Zone Leader in Stockholm so we are pretty stocked about that!
I feel good about leaving Växjö because you can always count on the greenies to work hard and take care of it! So I will be emailing ya'll more details on Monday about my new Area and companion! FUN STUFF!
This week has been pretty amazing!
Sebastian and Joakim have been out of town and still hanging in there! they have been reading and praying and really trying hard to recieve an answer. Sometimes you wish so bad for your investigators to recieve answers and become converted, but something I really have learned while I have been here is that the Lord really does have a time and a place for EVERYTHING. No matter how obvious something may seem to you. We have been fasting and praying for these two and really wish the best for them in becoming converted to the GOSPEL.
Rikard the swede who has been pretty depressed was taught the gospel and much about the atonement. We challenged him to Baptism and he said he would think about it. Otherwise he is doing great and reading and praying.
Haviera the little girl who wants to come to Jesus' house couldn't come on Sunday but she should be meeting us this week and am really excited to see what happens with that girl.
Efrem the man from Ethiopia we were able to teach and we commited him to baptism and said that he would but just needs to read more of the Book of Mormon. He should be getting a date soon!
Other than that this week we have really been blessed by finding some good investigators so that the work here in Växjö can go forward.
Don't have much more time to write because we get to teach the twins now! But I will be emailing you on Monday from Borås so that will be super exciting!
Love you all and thanks for writing!
Love
wad

((((I got LOTS of pictures last Monday, but can't figure out how to get them off the card... they are coming soon... he looks awesome! :)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment