Monday, December 6, 2010

Let it slush!

Hej kära familj!

Long time no chat! But these few days have been so crazy! I am safe and sound down here in the south. I'm actually exactly where I was exactly a year ago! In the Lund's Outreach Center e-mailing to my family! Things here in Malmö have been amazing! Transfers I was able to say bye to Elder Nelson and take a train with two other elders to Lund where I met my companion Elder Winegar! We then headed straight to a place where the Toskic family was supposed to meet us because I hauled 7 bags for their family to take back to Serbia. I'm thinking that is going to be the last we will see from the Serbian family.

By the way... I had just written a whole email and then it all got deleted so here is a summarized version.

So this week the highlights were that we planned for the upcoming transfer, our vision of the Zone, what we wanted to get done and different things like that so that this long, dark, and cold Swedish winter will be somethig to remember in a positive way! Also we and the other Malmö Elders came up with some plans to get our Bishop excited for missionary work. So that when he looks back, he would be able to remember that one time when 4 elders were in Malmö! Also we were able to meet with one of our Investigators from Nigeria named Michael. He is a room mate of one of out recent converts who said he would be interested in what we had to say. He had already received the first lesson and we decided that if he read the Book of Mormon we would commit him to baptism. And he did! so we did! And he has decided to be Baptized on the 18th of December! We told him that a lot of opposition would come but he was determined to Read, Pray, and come to church! This guy is looking great. He came to church, and got a long with the members here! It is good to be back in Skåne, where the Swedish sounds half Danish! It is what I started my mission with so theres a special place in my heart for it! Church yesterday was amazing! the bishop told the 3 new missionaries to go up and bear our testimony and as I bore mine, it just hit me that the Lord has got a work for us to do here and there is a reason behind everything! So I am looking forward to the kind of miracles that are going to happen here in Malmö in the next few months!

I have been on for a while but it doesn't show. Just know that I am doing well, loving this area, companion and the responsibilities that lie ahead!

Love,

Äldste Webster
w/ Winegar

AKA WW

No comments:

Post a Comment