Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Transfer week!

This was an amazing last week Äldste Nelson and I had together! You heard me... last week! Just yesterday morning we got calls from President! I am now going to be leaving Borås! Sad story... but I have some good news. I'm going to an area called Malmö...... with some elder by the name of elder.... Winegar? yeah I think thats right.... and we will be Zone Leaders for the 13 week transfer... and together for the Holiday season.

Anyways.... here's how the week went....
Wait... did Wad just say Elder WINEGAR? As in..... YEP! You got it! I'm going back to the South of Sweden! There to enjoy my stay in a now (4 man apartment) with Elder's Jamon Winegar, Björk and Owens. So hopefully we should be doing something exciting for christmas calls heh? So tomorrow morning I will be saying bye to by 2nd born son and heading straight to Malmö! I heard there is a portuguese speaking member there. AND I haven't been to the temple in 11 months so I think it's about time!

Anyways... this is how the week seriously went!
Sunday was a good experience where we were able to help the ward set up the chapel (now it is a school building because our real chapel is being renovated) by moving the pulpit on stage... chairs... sacrament table... it's a pretty nice set up actually.
Li Chao was Baptized on Saturday and confirmed the next day! It is amazing just to look back and see how much the spirit has changed this guy. He came here for school (I'm sure Heavenly Father had other plans) and found the gospel by missionaries knocking on his door! HE told them he was atheist and a communist but was willing to try and find out! Through much patience, repeated lessons, and heart-felt prayer, he came to feel and Know that he does have a heavenly father, and because of that he was willing to be baptized to be able to see Him some day! An amazing guy! Hopefully in the future he will start something with China to open those doors! He was super nervous for people coming to his baptism and seeing him during confirmation, but the ward fellowshipped him so well it made him conquer that fear. Too bad Vinold Harry wasn't able to join him because he had a conflict with TITHING! But that still hasn't taken away his desire to be baptized because he felt the spirit and he knows what he needs to do! He just needs a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. After that it should just slide over. But he is doing great. This week I made it a personal goal to come up with some spiritual thought that would help the New Converts and our investigators stay faithful in the church throughout their lives! I decided to give them 2 Nephi 31-33. 31 talks about the gospel and reminds them what they did and what they need to continue to do to return to Heavenly Father. 32 talks about Feasting upon the words of christ, the spirit, and the scriptures. All VERY KEY things to keep you on the straight and narrow. And 33 to top it off of Nephi's testimony of his words or.. the Book of Mormon. So I challenged all of them to read it, ponder about it, and APPLY it and they will be guided. I then got a picture with each of them and exchanged our information! This place is amazing. I am thankful for this ward, the mission leader who has shown me what consecration MEANS, and for the amazing success Heavenly Father has blessed me with. The work in Borås has not stopped and will continue to be ON FIRE! There will be a lot of good things happening here! But sometimes change is necessary and what a good change it will be! New challenges, companion, area, responsibility! Gotta love it!
Oh yeah!
Thanksgiving was amazing! We had a district meeting just about gratitude! It was really spiritual and opened our eyes! Then my district and another came together and had a thanksgiving FEAST and a good game of football after! We had an amazing time! I also went on exchanges with Elder Francis and had a good productive time. We found this guy on the bus who was super willing to read and pray, lives by us, AND came to church on Sunday! President came to our area and personally delivered my 5 packages! Thank you dearest family! I am a happy Äldste!

Well I will be writing you on Monday will plenty of stuff to write about! But know that I love you all and thanks mom for writing me! Hopefully I will be able to get a DETAILED report from 1 of my 6 brothers about the U of U game! I heard it was the bomb!

Love you all! Talk to you later!

Vi hörs!
Äldste Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment