Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Change.

I have got 2 very busy weeks ahead of me! Today my companion was asked to give an interview for a baptismal candidate in our ward (the secretaries investigator). And so his service will be tonight! We have invited a couple of our investigators to come and then we have Adam and Emma set for tomorrow night at 7pm! This is really exciting! the ward hasn't had 3 baptisms in the same week for over a decade. So the bishop will be baptizing a man named Jan Nyd today and then President will be baptizing both Adam and Emma! His first and his last baptisms in Sweden! It is really cool. This past week has been really cool to see their Faith in Christ really strengthen. My personal favorite has been to hear their amazing prayers! It has taught me an amazing lesson on heart-felt prayers. They have been "Dear Heavenly Father, thanks for this meeting.... in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." or "Dear Heavenly Father, we are so thankful that we can be baptized on Wednesday, it will be a great day! Please bless Adam Michael Jorgensen, and Adam Michael Webster. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Yesterday we were able to have our interviews with President Anderson. And since HE was going home he gave us OUR finishers interviews (not cool). But he talked about Institute and the Temple and how much I need to keep that personal study after the mission! Before he gave us both our interviews we talked to him about how the Assistants roll had changed since we had been there. We have done a lot more of a proselyting focus. And since our area that we are in (not big) has had 4 missionaries for the past... 30 years maybe.... and so he decided to put us in DOWNTOWN STOCKHOLM! We got a letter from President Newell and he said that he wanted to have us two as his assistants for the remainder of our missions. I am looking forward to being a missionary in downtown stockholm where we have the YSA Center and another pair of elders along with the Stockholm Zone Leaders in the same church building! So that is excitng! The only downside to it all is the following: training new mission president, working with a new ward and just BEING in downtown Stockholm, and having monthly Zone Leader Råd along with Zone Conference. All before my last days... time will go by WAY too fast. But I guess it is meant to be!

So in summary, Today we have a baptism, tomorrow we have a baptism, thursday we pick up President Newell, Friday we have a coordination meeting with Pres. Newell, a conference with Norrland Stockholm and Stockholm South zones. Saturday we have a flight for a conference with Göteborg and Malmö Zones and baptizing Kleber from Brazil right after and a train ride back. Sunday we have Adam and Emma's confirmation. Not bad right?
Well... just know that I love you all and I have a CD that I will be sending ya'll this WEEK!

Love,
Äldste Webster

I am released at 8a.m. on September 9th so ya'll can come anytime after that! I love you all so much! I actually spoke with the WML in Borås and promised him I would be there on September 11th for that sunday. So I was hoping that we chill in Stockolm for the weekend and then on Sunday we can drive/fly?(cheaper) to Borås. and then be there monday as well. Then we can do whatever ya'll want! I'm all yours after that!
Love,
Wad

No comments:

Post a Comment