Thursday, June 9, 2011

Families!

Well this has been a fantastic week! It has been sad but there is
opposition to everything! This week is the beginning of Sharpening
where we have been invited to go around to Sharpening with President
and Syster Anderson for their concluding testimonies! Our part in
sharpening is challenging the missionaries to the MONTH of Invitation!
This month the Europe Area Presidency has asked that the members fast
for MISSIONARY WORK! And seeing how it was a combine fast and the
members will be going the extra mile, we decided to have all the
missionaries go the extra mile and commit ALL of their investigators
to baptism! Unless prompted NOT to, they will commit all of them to
baptism in the month of June on the first teach! It is exciting! To
not be hypocritical, we had three teaches lined up the night after we
did it with a zone in Stockholm. First teach, Miguel (Colombia) is a
man who has been to church once, one time he couldn't meet with us so
he sent his wife to the church instead to be taught and she was into
it. Anyways, we taught Miguel at a new converts place (where he
actually might be moving into) and it was me, elder jorgensen,
Margaretha (new convert) and Elder Oscarson (new financial secretary),
and Miguel. The trick is that Miguel could ONLY speak Spanish. So all
five of us were there and I ended up sitting next to him. And so it
went to all five talking, and me translating (I'm surprised how much
Spanish I understand) for them, to just me teaching him out of a
Pamphlet that we had about the Restoration, and the Gospel. So I
taught my first lesson in Spanish! At the end he completely understood
authority, and he said so... basically I need to be baptized again,
but with the right authority this time? And I said, "exactamente!" Ha
ha so I committed him to the end of June, and he just wanted to make
sure he knows everything before, but he ACCEPTED! Him and his wife
Maricel will go far! The teach afterwards we went to a Korean family
(yes, I told them about the Ringwoods) and they were christian! It was
the parents, a 19 year old and a 14 year old! We taught them the
Restoration and it went so smoothly! We committed them to read and
Pray about the Book of Mormon and the Father said, I won't let my
family read something that isn't true. So I will read and Pray about
it first! So we took that! Very sincere follower of Christ, he'll come
around. The teach after, we invited President Anderson to come along
with us! This was to a Great Chinese mother and Son we tracted into
(2nd to last door in the building) Emma, and ADAM! Adam is a 10 year
old. Super smart, wants to be a scientist, looking for the right
church to join, and reads COLLEGE texts books for fun! We taught him
for the first time the other day and he told us that he didn't like
the catholic church because he they killed scientists so he knew that
wasn't the true church! But we brought President with because he is a
scientist! the teach was amazing because we talked about commandments
and the path that leads to eternal life, and as we taught about the
Holy Ghost the 10 year old said "Well I will DEFINITELY follow the
Holy Ghost ALWAYS because he will never go the wrong way! That give
the phrase "become as a little CHILD." more meaning! As we asked him
where he had read... over 3 days... the 10 YEAR OLD said "Mosiah 12!"
Are you kidding me? All I am saying is ya'll will DEFINITELY be
meeting this kid when mom and Dad come! Stud! So we challenged
him to Baptism and he agreed to it, but he had to ask his Dad
who lived in China before he would accept! So his homework
assignment was to ask his Father in Heaven, and his Father
in China! haha He liked that one.
The other day we were
trying to get a hold of an inactive member that we teach who has a
non-member wife. And we were tracting around his house, it just so
happens that my bloody nose, leads me to their house (because I needed
tissue) and they were just outside... plucking weeds in their yard! We
we said hi, and then went in and taught them both the Restoration!
They committed to read and pray so that was AMAZING! the following day
we went by surprised and De-weeded their WHOLE yard! In the last part
of the evening! (you can do that here in sweden... it's VERY BRIGHT at
9 p.m.) Afterward, he called us and said that he was going to thank
us... at church! Charity NEVER Faileth. Another great miracle... My
companion and I have been invited to attend a stake conference from
the Stake President. He told us that he wanted us to show "The Second
Harvest" movie with a 5 minute presentation before at the Adult
Session of stake conference! How crazy is that! the members are
catching the vision! There is a great feeling in the air now in June,
and we can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us! There will
be a broadcast from Salt Lake City the day after from the Area
Presidency and we look forward to see what they have to say!
This is a great time, change is happening for the better, and
President Anderson has laid an amazing foundation for President Newell
to hit the ground running!
Thanks for your support! Congrats mother on your lovely iPad 2 (iPod 5
for Wad with Verizon when I get back why not?) and HAPPY birthday to
you and Brynn! I will be sending you a letter but know that I love you
both! This upcoming week I will be in the Southern zones so I will be
out of town. It's best if the family just writes every Sunday night...
that way I won't miss it!

I love you all!

Puss och Kram,
Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment