Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Surprise! A great week!

Hejsan kära familj!

It has been a marvelous week, Emma and Adam (from China) are doing AMAZING! but before I get to them, I want to give a shout out to Swa (or Jake) for writing me! It was a well appreciated letter! That is exciting that you will be closer to the homies in Bountiful! That is incredibly exciting! And Jake and Ailin are going to Bountiful and Sam and Lara are going to Foothill! That is some crazy changes but good ones! Speaking of changes... The Miles and Irions farewell are this Sunday?! insane! Tell Rachel I wish her the best of luck through the temple and I will pray for her! And also the not so good news of Grandma... I hope the at most "six months left" really can much to the latter end of that scale but if not, there's a time and purpose for everything! That I know for sure.
Alright let me fill you in with Emma and Adam... they are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me on my mission! I think last week I already told you how we found her but one week in let me tell you the progress they have gone! So President Anderson came with on a teach, the following teach was with a woman in our ward in the relief society! When President was there (3 days after we found them) the 10 year old boy Adam read to Mosiah 12! (I am on Mosiah 12 and I began at the first of the year!) And the 2nd teach we had with them was a very spiritual teach! Why? He had read to 3rd Nephi 20!!! In ONE week! Is this boy a genius? yes! He's the kind that reads college text books for fun! He is a prodigy! Elder Jorgensen and I believe that he will be an apostle some day... also one of the missionaries that will open up China! The teach was so good, we watched Finding Faith in Christ and Emma had a question afterwards... she asked us what Christ going out for the one sheep meant! We gave a comparison to how Jesus Christ goes after the lost sheep and compared it to THEM! How they came to Sweden at THIS time for a reason and we knocked on their door so that they could come unto Christ. the member that was with us lost it and cried her eyes out but it was a great teach! They then came to church the next day and they had translation head-sets and everything went smoothly! Adam went to primary and they had a party in Primary for the kids who read scriptures or mastered them. Adam didn't master any but he told the class that he had read to 3 Nephi 20 in a week and it just got silent! They congratulated him and he was well welcomed into primary! After church, the office along with Emma, Adam, and another family from the US all had homemade pizza together and it was awesome! We had a testimony meeting and sang I am a child of god together and they loved it. The FOLLOWING day we had a Family home Evening with them and a family in the ward and they had done their homework! They read on the internet about tithing, word of Wisdom, plural wives and all that good stuff. So we figured to talk to her about tithing. For some reason she mis-understood and thought that she had to quit her job and volunteer all of her time to be as a missionary (one down side about teaching others w/o a christian background) but we told her she didn't have to quit her job... and she burst out in tears of relief! We told her that God only asks for 10% of what we already receive and not our job! Adam clarified it for her so she could understand (He catches on quick). So we sang songs together and treats and taught about Tithing and just had a great time! After that, Emma comes up to us and says, so is it alright if Adam is a member of the church sooner and once I understand more I can join later? YES! They had thought about it and did their homework assignment and asked both of their Fathers (In heaven and In China) and they both approved! They thought about him being baptized in October for his 11th Birthday but that was WAY too far away! So we told him that Dr (President) Anderson had the authority to baptize and he would love to be the one to baptize Adam before he left! And Adam said REALLY?! So he was really excited for that and said, " I hope that God makes that day a REALLY happy day! I love this family! There are plenty of others that I could talk about but I just want to tell ya'll about this lovely mother and Son who plan on being baptized on the 30th of June (happy birthday Dan!)

The Lord is blessing the entire mission right now! I'm not sure if you recall me talking about when Elder Jorgensen and I met with all the stake presidents. But the one in Stockholm South has now invited us to each speak for 5 minutes of our testimony and then to SHOW the ENTIRE stake (during the Adult session) the movie of the second harvest! We are SO EXCITED! There is so much good going on and when the Newells come it can only get better! Well I love you all so much and I hope to hear from you next week!

Love,
Äldste Webster

P.S. I am in Göteborg again and ANOTHER MIRACLE HAPPENED! Cleber from Brazil just came into the YSA Center here in Göteborg so I am going to go teach him with the sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment