Monday, January 11, 2010

Första Dop! BBBRRRRAAA!‏

Hello from Lund! WOW this has been a MIND BLOWING WEEK! Full of Sharpenings.. teaches.. Baptism and just GOOD STUFF!

Well I wanted to start talking about the Sharpening. This was amazing. All of the Elders from the Zone came to the Institute Center along with President and Sister Anderson. We had out district meetings as usual which was by my companion and it was on Christ-like attributes! And it pretty much went along with my last week's email on how we become more like Christ when we focus on that which he did for us and apply it to how we treat and deal with others! AMAZING. And while the other district had Sharpening with the Zone Leaders we had district meeting with our district. Afterwhich, we just SWITCHED! And Sharpening was really something that I had been praying for that I could get help with. It's something that every missionary has to learn to do... but in Europe... its a little different. CONTACTING! People on the streets of Lund aren't the MOST friendly when it comes to talking about scriptures, and christ, and the meaning of life! (don't you think thats Ironic how the people who don't believe those things are depressed and angry all the time?) hmm... WEIRD! ANYways... we talked about how we can get our point across and how sometimes its easier to prioritize what your going to say when you only have 15 seconds to say it! haha But it was good to practice and just Sharpen my contacting skills because I think thats what I needed the most help on. But that was fun. I then had my First Interview with Pres. Anderson and it was AMAZING... I tell you what you whoosies ALWAYS know what to say... Inspired men.. thats all I gotta say! But then each zone just enjoyed each others comany and I chatted with Ä. Jorgensen and then we went our separate ways all sharpened until next Zone Conference!
Right after that we went on splits with the Zone Leaders... Äldste Breeze (if you can remember it was the crazy one in the video about what to bring to sweden) was with me and we stayed here in Lund and my companion went to Helsingborg. Good times. We had a teach with a Chinese girl and that was pretty fun she was really willing to read and pray about it... She prayed at the end of the lesson and those are always awesome to hear! (she did pray in Chinese though... How Chur Ma!)
the next day Ä Breeze interviewed Imad for BAPTISM! It was AMAZING... apparently he had a problem with one of the questions but it is all good now and the baptism still happened! But the day was filled with knocking doors and contacting because that is what I felt I needed to improve on. It's always nice to see how other Elders have their own way of doing things.... WHATEVER WORKS! But that was really fun. It's actually interesting to see how... Obedientish an Elder who was going home was. It was interesting... but fun nevertheless.
FRIDAY was a pretty awesome day. We did some weekly planning and then did the usual. But we taught Mpoki and we talked about in Alma how it talks about Faith being a seed. And so we gave her the challenge to plant the seed and read the Book of Mormon and pray daily... have lessons with us 2x a week. I being who I am wasn't satisfied with that and felt really prompted to SET a Baptismal Date with her to we have a goal to get to. So it happened! February 20th 2010! Awesome stuff! I always love calling president after those... its a fun time! But now we really have to get her going to church and really an excercizer(?) of Faith. We then played the sport Innebandy and I scored a GOAL! BOO YA! That really is a fun sport... Im going to start it when I get back!
Then Saturday we went out of our area for MY FIRST BAPTISM! It was really amazing to see how it all works out! It was awesome to see his face when he came in the chapel and the first thing he asked was WHERE'S THE BATHROOM? haha He changed his clothes and he was READY! It was good to be reminded of how such a big step that is and one of the most important things someone can do for themselves! After that he talked about how RIGHT it felt and he couldn't wait for sunday.
But he took us out for dinner and it was QUITE the expensive restaurant but he insisted and said that Money doesn't matter when it comes to what we did for HIM! MAN isn't that true... that still didn't take away my guilt for how much he paid. haha
We were walking around with him and they were all chatting with him and I was kinda behind them at the time and once he left the elders looked at me and said DID YOU HEAR THAT? and I was like.. nope... and they said that he wanted me to do the confirmation... WHAT?! in SWEDISH? alright... right after I heard that I knew it couldn't be true so the next morning.. after my fright-filled studies on how I could give a good confirmation. We texted him and asked him if it really was me that wanted to do it. And after we clarified he said a different elder could do it! Phew! It would have been nice.. but in sacrament meeting... 2 months in... and someones salvation on the line I was glad it wasn't ME! haha
But that meeting was AMAZING... just things are going good here....
But these last few weeks are going to be AMAZINGLY INSANE because EVERYONE will be back.. we have activities in the Institute like no other... and transfers are coming so things are just going to be CRAZY! Especially because a phone call we got from President this morning saying congrats on the Baptism... and then he asked to speak to my companion.... so the whole time he was mouthing to me (PLEASE NOT AP PLEASE NOT AP) and once he found out what it was about it was a GREAT sigh of RELIEF! haha So because there are a lot leaving the mission and only 4 are coming again... me and Ä Lords are going to be moving LUND. Sad news... RIGHT when we got our bap date and ourt investigators back... So There are a couple 2 sisters and us in Lund. And us 2 are going and S. Bishop will be leaving because she's been here forever! So The only sister left (who has been here for 2 transfers) will get a new compaion AND all of our investigators.... haha CRAZY stuff but thats how transfers go Eller Hur? (neh (portuguese) in swedish).


But that is how my week has been so we are just taking advantage of these two weeks left in Lund....
I should be taking a lot of pictures this week so expect MANY next week.

other than that I think thats about all I have for this week! Sweden is rollin' and going great! Were just loving it here.

Pictures to come.
Jag Älskar Er!

Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment