Monday, January 25, 2010

Hejsan! From Växjö!

Wow what a CRAZY week this has been! So this past week has been filled filled transfers and just getting SITUATED in the small down of Växjö. So before I left Lund I had to take care of all of the elders that were getting transfered out of the Malmö Zone which was basically half. So there were six elders in the apartment the night before I had to leave to a new area. It was pretty sad to see my Father (trainer) leave me but also exciting to get started as a NOT GREENIE missionary, making decisions for myself. So there were me, Äldste Jorgensen (from the MTC), my new companion Äldste Takahashi and his companion, and another compaionship in out house. So that night I spent trying to pack the rest of everything I had out into my bags, and get everyone food (out of an apartment where we spent the last week trying to EAT all the food we had) and getting them all to the train station by 7:30 am the next morning. Tough stuff! I was priviledged to get all of that responsibility placed on my shoulders but... we BARELY made the bus ito town and got everyone on the right train and the OFF to Växjö!

Växjö has been quite the experience these first few days. Me and my new companion Äldste Takahashi from Canada (alberta.. sorry dan). I have been really blessed to have such awesome companions! My companion is Awesome.... he has 3 younger sisters and pretty shy... but it doesn't stop us from talking with EVERYONE! seriously... IT'S funny how when im walking on the streets and I feel down... I always think to myself contact ANOTHER! And it always seems to give me that little extra boost I need. Something that me and him really are focusing on is tracting or contacting YOUNG people... especially potential preisthood holders so we can strengthen the Branch!
The first day was actually pretty awesome. He showed me around.. .contacted in the city and had our only teach of the day whose name was Pan Supavadee from Tailand! Me and him planned for her that morning and we talked about her and what she needed.. he said she had been taught the main 3 lessons... and so me and him were prompted to CHALLENGE HER to BAPTISM! I am convinced that it was because we were obedient and did everything we could... we got just that! A baptismal date for the 12 of February! AWESOME! We taught her about Faith and sometimes we need to take that extra step and plant the seed and if it is a Good one.. it will grow! And so she said that it was something that she has felt she wanted to do! I always LOVE calling president right after and he said.... not a bad way to start off a transfer is it?! haha man that day was awesome.
The next dfilled with transfer planning.. weekly planning and we taught this Abid gut and he brought his friend who had so many questions we never got to what We wanted to say... But when we teach them one at a time we will be able to focus to their individual needs! Then we taught Majid and we challenged him to baptism but he says that he feels the same feeling when he goes to his church than ours... So we asked him to read the Book of Mormon MORE and pray to see if our church is true.. really positive... looking forward to teaching him more.
The next day we helped a member move and taught an ex-communicated member who wants to join again. Any advice on how that works? But it went really well and positive.
The first Sunday was pretty crazy. Me, Ä. Takahashi and the 2nd councelor blessed and passed the sacrament. The piano lady is cross eyed and doesnt keep tempo... and this place is known for how tone-dear they are. So it was me and this other member who were the only ons that could keep the pitch! So That was pretty fun and entertaining. I then got up there and introduced myself and my compaion gave a talk and the Branch Pres. did aswell. Then we taught our investigators in a class and the 2nd counselour taught priesthood. IT was pretty crazy how small it was. There was probably about 10-15 people in the church so I look forward to bringing more YOUNG people to the gospel and make this branch GROW! I've got a lot of Work ahead of me.. but hearing from you all I'm just glad I only get to focus of ONE THING. We also had a teach with this guy whose parents are Peruvians. (Bytheway can you ask Peggy if B-man is getting my letters? because I havent gotten any back) He's really an awesome guy but didn't commit to baptism or reading... so we've got a ways to go with him. We will see. But today hasn't been that busy... We bought food and did the normal stuff and just taking a tour of the city and just sight-seeing! This area is surrounded by a lake... so it should be pretty beautiful in the spring.. If I stay. We seem to be getting less missionaries than were giving away so transfers have been pretty crazy recently. IT was also funny today how I was showing my comp my photo album and pointed at the picture with grandfather on it and he said that looks exactly like Elder Nelson... just the way he smiles and EVERYTHING! And I was like... it IS. His face turned red and just said.. Oh... haha I always love to see people's reactions to that. But i'm here at the Library and thats how we do email here... so you will most likely be getting pictures every time I send you my memory card to ya'll! Sorry! It really is a beautiful city. But I will be sending a package for up-coming birthdays and (mom knows what) with the pictures in it so get EXCITED!

But all is well in Waddam's World! It's exciting to actually LIVE inside your AREA! So fun things! We have bikes here but we usually just walk and take the bus because its freezing cold.
But I love you all and Happy birthday to me! And Ailin!
I love my family! Thanks for all of the birthday emails!

Love you all! Talk to ya next week!
Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment