Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Holy Busy Week!‏

What has happened this week? What HASN'T Happened this week!

So this week and a helf have been quite the exciting times around Lund. Everyone coming back from school, FINALLY finishing their homework, and going back to a crowded city of Lund. Now that I am getting transfered! sheesh... But I look back on these two months that I was here with Ä. Lords and I have TRULY learned a lot! Swedish Classes are back in session and our first class only one came but today will be our next one and we have advertised quite the amount! So that should be good for the Sisters that are left here in Lund. We have asked a young man in our ward to start teaching us the discussions for his preparations in going to Finland for his mission. It has really been a blessing to see how well he teaches and to reflect on myself and see how far I have come.
After we got that call from president we have been trying to clean and pack up everything from the Lund elder's apartment and get it ready for the Land Lord. We really had been focusing on gaining the member's trust this past week because all of our busy student investigators. So we helped one couple move in and they were truly thankful for our service. We also had a metting in the Outreach Center about setting goals for the year and helping the Lund Institute play a bigger role in the Malmö Stake YSA's lives. After this meeting we felt the spirit so strongly confirm to us that what we had planned was right and that we just needed to excercise our Faith and just DO it! But unfortunately we won't be having that in our hands anymore! We had District Meeting which was about pretty much what we email two weeks ago was about! Charity- the pure love of christ. AWESOME It's amazing how much you can learn everytime you focus your efforts on what the savior did for us! We then had the AWESOME OPPORTUNITY to joint teach with the sisters a man from PORTUGAL! his name... just like the one from mozambique is RUI! Man how I was jealous that they found him! But in the teach we were able to be guided by the spirit and I felt that it helped me communicate my testimony to him in Portuguese while the rest taught him in Swedish. This mas was amazing! He can speak spanish english portuguese frech italian and swedish. Next on his list is german. CRAZY! So my jumbled up swedishiguese was not a problem for him! It was amazing!
The next day we had a Joint weekly-planning with the sisters pretty much explaining to them about our investigators, showing them their progress records and what exactly they need! That went pretty long but it was very much needed to relief the Sister's stress on taking the Outreach and Lund ward all by themselves.
We also had a Restoration Night which we advertised to all the missionaries to advertise in their wards and in the Stake. It was pretty well planned but not as many people came as we expected. But thats ALRIGHT! This too shall pass. We then played some innebandy for the last time and I've got some cool pictures. The next sure was an AWESOME EXPERIENCE! Our new member Viola in our ward got her temple recommend a couple of weeks ago so we arranged a trip to the Köpenhamn (Kopenhagen) Temple! We invited YSA's in the ward to come and see our new convert go do baptisms for the dead! Us missionaries did a session first and came out and our Ward Mission Leader drove Viola to the temple so she could experience these blessings! It was amazing! I really have seen so many steps in an investigators life and It's amazing to see them baptized but when they take the trip to the temple you know that they are going to be just fine if they keep doing what their supposed to! Our investigator with a baptismal date Mpoki has been doing well and She came to church! There were some noisy kids in front of us but it was really a good experience and she brought her aunt and her baby and they were so thankful and happy that they came! GOOD STUFF! Yesterday was a crazy teach-filled day planned down to the minute which was awesome! everyone seemed to be able to be taught THAT day. So we ate with our newly baptised member Imad and taught him an amazing lesson on Enduring to the End. He really amazing to see that not only had he come from no knowledge of the gospel to being baptized.. but he really has become a disciple of Christ.. willing to whatever he can to come back to our Savior! AWESOME. We then FINALLY got an appointment with Sandra which was the one where I gave my Book of Mormon with testimonty written in. The teach went really well.. but we did not get a returning appointment. It's hard to see someone that is willing to listen and after the lesson say that she wants to stick to her own beliefs. I have found that many people take bits and pieces of every faith and make their own. But we challenged them to pray and ask God if what we have said is true. And the most we can do is Hope for the best.
This is getting really long but we had 2 more teaches that day and everything just went smoothly! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you involve the Lord in your planning. It honestly blows my mind every time!

Just one last important thought. Äldste Lords and I got a call yesterday from President. TRANSFER CALLS! I am headed to the Växjö branch in the Malmö Zone. My companion will be Ä. Takahashi from Canada! I haven't heard much about Växjö except that its a branch of about 15 members and small apartment and crazy people and bad singers! So I think i'll have my share of culture shock this next transfer. But I can only hope for the best and hopefully I will be able to use my abilities wherever I go! I was very surprised and don't know what is ahead of me.. its the TRANSFER BUTTERFLIES! But I know that me and my companion can accomplish anything if we have the Lord on our side and strive to be OBEDIENT! People are coming in today so for the day I have a lot to take care of because we have people coming and leaving and my companion is going to be Zone Leader in Handen in the Stockholm South Zone. Crazy stuff! So he will be leaving today. But its just like a reg P-day for me today and then I leave with my companion tomorrow! Fun stuff! I love you all! Good luck with wedding preparations, grandma is in my prayers and thanks for all the love and support!

Write to you all on Monday!
Äldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment