Monday, January 4, 2010

Gott Nytt Ar!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Boy am I glad the the holidays are OVER! (in a way)

First I want to give a shout out to my BOY RILEY DEAN! Argentina Rosario! Whats with all my friends and going to Spanish speaking missions? I guess we grew up with me speaking Portuguese to them now B-man, Connor, Brandon, Ashton and Riley are going to all gang up on me! But David and I have Swedish and Russian! hahah CRAZY to see where everyone goes! Next up... WILLIE and MITCH!

But its been crazy to see how much has happened in this past year! graduation... putting my papers in... going through the temple... getting my call... Quest!... church history sites.... finally heading to my mission and now I'm HERE! It's only been 3ish months since I've been out and it seems like I've learned so much! More than I have learned my whole life and I've got quite a ways to go! These first months in being in Sweden has made me realize things from different perspectives whether it be in missionary work, European culture, or just normal life!
One of the things President Anderson did at Zone Conference was gave us all Books of Mormon to outline what the Savior did for us (birth, ministry, atonement, Resurrection) and to focus on specific Christ-like attributes that we can improve on. One of the first things that I decided to focus on was Faith... which is required for EVERY missionary who wants to have their foundation built upon the Rock of Christ... but after a lot of reading and studying on how I can be more like Christ it always came back to the attribute of Love/Charity. That is what everything is based upon. God loved us so much that he sent his Son to us that we might be saved by Faith on his atonement, repentance, baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. We tell that to the people all around the world because of the love of Christ that we have felt in our lives and how they can experience the same joy that comes through Obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. Christ was born into this world to show the perfect example of what we need to be filled with. Love. It's AMAZING to think that before this earth began that when a plan was presented to all of us... Christ VOLUNTEERED to come down and Atone for EVERY SINGLE mistake we have made. Not only that, but suffered EVERY KIND of pain for us. But the most of all the lack of the presence of God... I can't imagine the sadness he felt when he didn't have that love and ever-giving/guiding influence inside of him. Because of US. In 3 Ne 27:27 he wasn't kidding when he said that what kind of men ought we be? Even As HE Is. Christ is Love.

Wow... ANYways... I kinda got into a random tangent there but that's really what has gotten to me in my studies most recently so through this season of much rejection and planting seeds I really felt prompted to focus on a Love for everyone... no matter if they reject the best message they could ever receive!

But for the New Years Eve... we went to a members house and had a dinner and we always have pretty amazing doctrinal chats there. We talked a little bit about how when we make our New Years resolutions... or goals in the mission field... it not only gives us a vision of what we can accomplish... but a sense of self-confidence and joy that comes when we reach or come close to the goals that we had. Good times. But that night was pretty lame.. we went to bed and the fireworks were going off forever! But it was all good. We had New Years Day to plan and p-day because everyone was pretty drunk that day.

But anyways... this week has been filled with contacting and tracting. but we DO have a Baptism this Saturday which I am STOKED FOR! People just now are getting back.... but they are all working on their Thesis's and stuff like like but were fitting them in when they can!
The Book of Mormon with my testimony in it that I gave to a woman with kids (that we havent taught yet) called us and said that she found it difficult to see that we are born with a Body and a Spirit because her job is to Abort babies (kinda)... so if ANY of you have advice on what we could teach her that would be great but I think we are just going to focus on the importance of HER family and what SHE needs to do... and stuff like that. But yeah... things are going really well here.
But I'm glad to hear you got my package and I just now printed that paper and signed it and will send it off today!
But thats all I got for this week but if you have any questions or anything about here or anything just ASK and I will answer!

Good luck with Sam & Lara's wedding plans and all that good stuff! Congrats to Riley again... and I love you all so... peace out!

Gott Nytt År! Ha det bra!

It's 2010! Boo-ya!
P.S. for dad... when you are at that conference it will be my BIRTHDAY and I will FINALLY be 19! hahaha
love you all! but seriously...

ALSO we were visiting some less-actives and we went to this members house and he hasn't gone since he was 14. His friend... WAY back when... told him to come to the united states! haha it was amazing to see a guy who has been on the other end of things!
Anyways... pictures to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment