Monday, August 2, 2010

Gå ut med tro!‏

Hello dearest family of mine! Well these past weeks have been quite the adventure! Although I was expecting to stay with Elder Bush... I really am humbled to be called to this assignment! I love this work! Well my new companion is Äldste Stoddard from a little town next to Portland, Oregon! He has a family of 10 kids and he is the youngest! Turns out that he has been in Brasil before visiting because his brother served there. Pretty exciting. Training is just an amazing experience. Reminds me of all of the things I learned from my trainer whether they be good or not so good. Right now I am just trying my best to give this elder the best impression of Sweden and the people as possible! His first day here all of our teaches were in English so it was a good opportunity for him to get settled in with a couple of English lessons. Our second day they were JUST in swedish so it was a humbling experience for both of us realizing how far we have come\ need to go! Our investigators right now are doing great but they all seem to be missing one ingredient.
Colette our investigator who will be baptized this Saturday is doing GREAT! She has continued to read in the Book of Mormon and has known that this is the true church since day 1. It is amazing and much easier to teach the people who are prepared and will hearken to the Lord's spirit. Just teaching her and many other great investigators have reminded me that it is not me doing the miracle but more and more every day I begin to see how much the LORDS hand is in HIS work. I think Humility is KEY to recognizing and following the promptings of the Spirit. When you have that eye ALWAYS single to the glory of God, and always STRIVE to keep the commandments, that is when we become worthy to\ willing to recieve and follow the promptings of the Spirit. The Spirit is key in EVERYTHING we do. It's not always the most logical thing, and it may not be the answer you are looking for... but if we follow the promptings... greater happiness really does come into our lives. I was able to feel that last transfer and I hope to be able to ALWAYS have that with me. As y lovely momma says... Obedience, Faith, and Prayer. Just DO IT. ANYways...
Ok.... coolest experience that happened just now... I am currently sitting next to an african guy and he looks over to me and asks me if I am Christian... YES! He asked me where he could find a church because he had just moved from Nigeria to here about 3 weeks agfo and he feels really bad because he hasn't been to church. He wants to serve God. SPEAKING about prepared! Man how do these miracles keep happening?! I'm pretty sure I never want to leave Sweden. NEVER! So we will be meeting him this wednesday! His name is Joseph.
The Toskic Family from Serbia will now be leaving in 21 days because the government is sending them away. Turns out that the dad had talked to his sister and she is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints! Now I am comforted to know that whether they be married here or in Serbia... They will be baptized! Once again... I am humbled. They were able to come to church yesterday and are still doing great.
We have met this super humble Swede and we believe he is prepared. He has read out of the Bok of Mormon even more and has come to feel of its power. He just believes that Every Christian church is the Body of Christ so it doesnt matter which one he joins. So Ari (his name) will be coming sooner or later.
We also ran into a man names Robert who is a 7th day adventist. He isn't really active in that church and is wanting to know what differs our church from others and desires a stonger Faith in Christ. I think we can help him with that. Our Chinese investigators are coming back into the picture as they are now back from China I will soon be reporting about them!
Surendra from India is very ready to be baptized. He knows that the Book of Mormon is the word of God... But can't connect the picture with Joseph Smith. He says he gets the same message out of his church as he does ours so he doesn't see the necessity to be baptized again. We gave him an amazing scripture to read and he has been keeping commitments... so I ampositive that he will come to know that this is true in no time.
Many of our Indian friends have been really busy with school and work... But things should be settling down in the next couple of weeks.
Alinda... we are back to the beginning with her. And now she understands where the Book of Mormon comes from and has commited to read and Pray even more now because she UNDERSTANDS what she's praying about. Turns out that the missionaries who began teaching her didn't clarify too well. But she knows that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and wants to be baptized. She just can't deal with Joseph Smith being a prophet. But we have illustrated it for her and she seems to understand and will continue to pray about it.
As you might be able to notice our investigators... it all comes down to Joseph Smith. Any tips on getting our investigators to be more convinced by the spirit that the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God... and the authority being restored. Maybe with the commitments we give them it just takes Patience... im not sure! But continued Prayers go out to all of them!
Well family this week has been great and I look forward to another transfer of Miracle working! Thats where its all at!
Thanks to everyone that has written me and I will for sure be sending pictures TODAY so you should be getting them by the week end. Get ready... they are SWEET!
Jag älskar er! Kyrkan är san!
Äldste Webster
WAD

No comments:

Post a Comment