Monday, November 23, 2009

Aldste Websters FIRST WEEK

Hey ya'll! Well it has just been the craziest week ever! P.S. Mother don't worry I did get a coat and it is huge and AWESOME and I also got 2 scarves? scarfs? Whatev. But yeah all is well around here! I actually forgot to bring my camera here to the Library so I'll be sending pictures next week. So I arrived here in Sweden and then we went straight to the Mission office to get some papers filled out and then we went to the Mission home and chilled around there and wrote a letter to you so you will be getting that in the mail so that will tell you about the first days in Sweden but let me tell you about some of my first days in......... LUND! How crazy is that? that Im here where my ancestors way back when were first being bapized! I'm sure you're all happy for that... as am I. {Nana's Grandfather Niels Christian ANDERSON was born in Lund! (#12 on the Nelson Pedigree chart)} But we were in the chapel getting all of those trainings (mom and dad... you know) from the secretaries and what not and then our trainers walked in... president gave us letters with our assignment on them and our companions names and then we had to figure out which one was our trainer by talking to all 4 of them in Swedish. And so his name is Aldste Lords and e is such a thug! by that I mean dope.. and by that I mean really a spiritual guy and an amazing trainer! But we all were at the train station in stockholm and what not and then Jamón showed up because he got a new compaion as well! So we embraced like real men and then he helped me get my bags on the train and we said our goodbyes and right when he got off the train, the doors shut so we almost missed the train but DONT worry we are here and all is well! But man sweden is awesome! It's really amazing how similiar Stockholm was to Curitiba... there wasnt much culture shock... just the whole language shock. but AH its kinda dumb how everyone speaks english here because I try to speak my crappy Swedish and they answer me in English so bashudu? but by the time I got to the mission office (the first day) the assisstants and everyone knew because of elder jackson and winegar that I was elder nelson's grandson but meh.. no pressure right?
But once we got on the train we took a 4 hour ride to the Malmö Zone, city of Lund. And its awesome here... of course its dark pretty much the whole time except the hours of the day when we are inside studying (DOH!). But my kamrat comes from Pleasant Grove (same as my mtc comp) and he plans on going to the U after his mish... ATTA BOY! yeah so I was excited to her that! But we first got here and our first day was week\transfer planning day so that took a long time But we are doing awesome. '
Just some sweet experiences while we have been here:
My first time contacting and some guy was with her wife and she said no thank you and he threw some swears at us but meh... I read Matthew 10 the other day so that didnt phase me! haha But we went to this Referral from stockholm and it was this arabic girl and her family so now weve got her to investigate and she was pretty excited to get it in arabic so im happy for that!
But then we went around in some apartments and ya know... did some tracting and my first door approach was kinda funny... It was this woman and her kid and I was so set on talking about the restoration and then I switched to eternal families and this is how it went " hi we were wondering if... you... want... be... together.. with.. family.... forever? and then my companion came in and saved the day and then she wasnt interested and so yeah... I guess her little daughter that was right by her grabbing her leg wasnt important enough to live with her for eternity but WHATEV.
Then there was this other guy who listening to loud music and stuff so we banged on the door and he came and opened the door with no shirt.. and tight jeans and we asked him what he thought the meaning of life was... then he put his hands on his chin and pondered (while flexing mind you). But he wasnt interested.
But there have been a lot of experiences like that.
But theres this one girl from china I think yes swa.. how chur ma... who was just baptized a week before I came and it was so cool to have an investigator who had so many questions for us about the plan of salvation and us being able to answer them! So shes doing great.
But our favorite so far has been his lady named Poki from Africa and she is just amazing. The elders have been teaching her and teaching her and then we went in and just decided that we needed to commit her to Baptism to why not! we did just that.. . we taught about authority and how we need to follow christs example and be baptized! So she ACCEPTED! BUT she wanted to go to church first and see how it feels and she asked us if she could bring her aunt... ummm YEAH! So this next Sunday will be amazing (hopefully)! So were shooting for December 19th so pray for her! But all is going well... Its just ridiculously harder contacting here than it is in brazil... people are so depressed and just downers and find it hard to believe in a God when their government already provides everything for them. But its ok...
Dad and mom: well... actually everyone that has been on a mission... What are some good ways you think would be of finding... besides through members? Im actually reqally looking forward to an answer on that one.
But just so you know that letters address is for everything under 4 lbs. and then over 4 lbs goes to the packages address. Thought that would be useful. But im being fed pretty well by the members and they have been in ENGLISH both times so... whatev. But they are amazing.
CONGRATS TO SAM AND LARA!! I KNOW YOU WOULD MAKE IT! Thats so exciting MARCH will be a choice month... now I know I wont be getting any emails or letters because now my #1 fan will be too busy. But thas ok... im just here... on my lonesome... wondering whats happening... (BAHAHA) But I'll just assume no news it good news...
But I did see jamon... i did get a coat... letters I will get whenever they get here and packages I will get only every zone conference. and this IS my new mail address where I can communicate to my family only and my family to me...
But all is well here and I love you all!
Ha en bra vecka!
Aldste Webster

(Adam sent 4 other emails with quick responses...)

(ps) good to hear maezinha! thanks! (I told him about the SL Real winning)

(ps-2) By the way.. Lund is awesome because its a college city and so it has this outreach center/ institute which is awesome because it kinda breaks down the awkwardness barrier from missionary to normal person. But yeah thats our main focus here in Lund... find the youngn's!
But I love you momma!
Tchau gente!
ps... tell sam its about time

(ps-3) AH ALSO! the sisters who work in this area found a guy who is from Africa and speaks PORTUGUESE! SO AMAZING! So he is pretty close to baptism and I got to speak with him the other day but it was lame because I kept slipping Swedish in! DOH BART!
Anyways... that is all love ya

(ps-4)
heres a pic off my companions camera! love you all
its at the chapel when we first met

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! finally a shout out after all the letters I've sent him! He's so cute, so awesome that he is back in our mother-city where it all began!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I swear I commented on this when you posted it...but, LOVE that brother of mine. Also, I wrote him too...just for the record! :)

    ReplyDelete