Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter... September 30, 2009

Hej Familj! Hu mor du?
So After I emailed you guys the whole zone went to the temple. And what an AMAZING experience that was! You can really take advantage of the time in the celestial room to pray about the next week ahead of you! And BOY did that HELP! All of this stuff that im going to say is going to be in random order because a half hour if such a short time. And I have to read all of the emails I recieved. So when you answer my email's make sure you answer via dearelder.com because I dont have time to read and write. SO WRITE ON DEARELDER.COM and write it separately because it gets confusing! Ok... So I'm thinking I lost my patriarchal blessing... I'll keep looking for it but I'll let you know when i REALLY can't find it and ask you to make another lamanated copy? Oh yes... so make sure you guys tell me when peoples birthday's are because I forget. And important events like birth of a child or something? When are grandfather and Mike (elder ringwood) speaking? We had Mission Conference this Sunday because next sunday is GENERAL CONFERENCE! Im way stoked for that. But mission conference was awesome The MTC presidency spoke. One of the main things that struck me is that we have to remember that our investigator's background is different than ours. So We need to start off assuming that they know nothing and build the lesson plan upon THEIR needs. We teach people not lessons! And we are to humble ourselves before the lord (D&C 82:3). Then, later that day we had the Sunday Night Fireside which was also amazing because the person who taught was ROBERt P. SWESON former mission president of the Brazil Curitiba Mission! And now he works at the missionary department. And he was sooo inspiring because he pretty much resolved every problem that a missionary in the MTC would encounter. Like: Why am I being called STATE SIDE? Why is my companion so different? He says that having a companion thqat is different than you is better because you learn from your companion and he learns from you. Our lives w/o trials is like a kite w/o strings. Strings keep us in line and the wind (spirit) keeps you afloat. Without the spirit the kite crashes. Without trials the kite goes no where. Gud senda oss till jorden for att lara och vexa. God send us to each so we can learn and grow. TRUTH. later that night we watched a video by Elder Holland talking about teaching. I never knew that I could feel the spirit so strongly through a video. But when you're here in the MTC you would give anything to hear advice about teaching from an apostle of the lord. 1. ask, speak, knock (spiritually) 2. Teach from the scriptures 3. Teach w/ by the spirit 4. Help the learner assume responsibility for learning. 5. TESTIFY (alma 5). But this week has just been filled with Inspiring classes. Large group meetings and workshops and firesides and devotionals and now... GENERAL CONFERENCE. I dont think i've even been so stoked for a conference! Well my investigator hasn't really written back anything. BUT I know he will be going to church he just hasn't said anything about it. I hope I inspired him. BUT we found ANOTHER legit investigator at the RC and he wanted to learn more. So elder chester and I wrote him an email pretty much on the first lesson but adapted to his needs! I can't wait for a response! the TEC went pretty well... it's just hard to teach to an "investigator" that really is just there to criticize. It's hard to communicate by the spirit to a normal person. But my companion and I prayed hard that we might be able to teach by the spirit and sure ENOUGH! I bore my testimony and I saw the Light that came intop that members eyes. I believe we were both edified. Personal study i've been studying about some Christlike attributes. I'm for them. not enough time to tell about it but its going well! By the way, anything that's new in bountiful or salt lake dont tell me.. like construction or new restaurants or whatever. I would like to be surprised when I get back! But yes tell me about sports (sam) and yeah.. just stuff about family. You have permission to send my emails to everyone. I dont really care who reads them. Thats good to hear that you guys (DLERA) got a trampoline so reed can excersize. haha I'll miss his cheeks dearly. whats the new baby's name going to be again? What mission does B-man go to? and Davi? and whats the mavro's mail address? It would be nice if you send me an address book so I can keep track. I have seen Sister Hansen here and Tyler Peck. And more of Danilo so everything is quite exciting here! Jake, sam, swa, mom, dad, ailin. Make sure you guys write back on dearelder.com because I have no time to read your letters SORRY! But thats whats going down around here! Actually... I really have no time... So if you guys can.. can you resend your emails you sent me via dear elder? sorry. LOVE YOU ALL! ALL IS WELL!
PEACE

ALDSTE WEBSER

No comments:

Post a Comment