Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter...November 4, 2009

Hej familj! Hur gor det?! So it's pretty much crazy that im only a week and a half away from being on an airplane to SWEDEN! I should be getting my flight plans tomorrow or the next day so I'll fill you in next week! So seeing how letters get to me 3 days later (except dear elder's) change my address to the Sweden one on November 13th. becuase I leave on the 16th so we get there the 18th! (this is my guess). But just so all of you know last week really WAS an amzing week! I looked back on it and it seemed kinda downer but it was AMAZING! Very spiritually uplifting! Anyways... I am doing very well... I'm healthy.. just had a headache the other day but not too bad. Today I'm sending my memory card to you and some pictures. So copy them all onto your computer and then send it back. Or a new one back so we can have two memory cards in motion yeah?! And I might need for furutre reference a memory card holder or something. Maybe not.. whatev. Honestly, Swedish is coming along just fine! Me and Elder Chester taught the second lesson in the TRC and I invited the investigator to be baptized and he said "Well, I guess I would HAVE to, to get all of those blessing you promised!" Man... I was a giddy like a school girl just then but its not a real situation so we'll just have to see how it goes in Sweden! But this past week we had a workshop on commiting/inviting people to be baptized on the first/second visit. REALLY GOOD, because if you invite someone to be baptized you know where they are... and if they say no.. you know what to teach them to GET them to say yes so its an all around EXCELLENT thing! (of course follow the spirit on commiting to be baptized as well). but Sunday we had a fireside with the Beeson's (executive director?) and they are quite the interesting characters but they basically said to have a prayer in your heart the whole day and then before you go to bed give thanks. Morning prayer: planning session w/ the lord. Night prayer: companionship inventory w/ the Lord. Yeah... I liked that. Then on Monday we had a large group meeting where he talked to us on the most important Key Indicator to see if they are going to get baptized.. bringing them to SACRAMENT MEETING! By doing that, you can instantly see if they are willing to keep commitments. And if you plan it out well enough... you will be able to welcome them in to the ward SO much easier... and make them WANT to go to church. Very important! He talked about being BOLD and always following up with them and being persistant. Then he pulled up Elder ARNOLD's talk about BISPO ARAUJO and that guy that was surfing on sundays and stuff! Made me miss that man so much! But then tuesday night was the devotional. And the Rasbands spoke. She talked about 3 Nephi 18:24 which was an awesome scripture so I plan on that being my scripture for this week! Then Elder ransband talked about being bold and how we need to talk with EVERYONE! and he gave us a BUNCH of scriptures on Opening our mouths that they may be filled! And if worse comes to worse... bear testimony to them and say I came all the way here from Salt Lake Utah... To share with you what I know to be true and it has changed my life for the better. So it gave me this huge boost of confidence! He also gave me this way good idea on to bring people to us on the streets. I COULD SING! to bring people to me! So Heavenly Father really has answered my prayers this week! Finding People? check! Teaching w/ baptizm invitations? check! Sacrament Meeting being the most important key indicator before baptisms! CHECK! What a good week this has been! There is just us 4 going to Sweden. Yes we can call you at the airport. Thanks for the Books, journals, stain removers treats gloves photo book! I love you momma! This MTC experience really had made me grow so much! And I still have quite the way to go! We are going to be doing English fasts for most of the week so we'll see how that goes! Thats all I need to to to improve my Swedish so... yeah. Good times here... My clothes are getting tight (im not getting fat just bigger and taller) so I think im going to be shopping when I get there! But yeah... Love you all! More info on travel stuff next week! Pictures are coming... And yeah.. Love you all!

Vi ses!
Aldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment