Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter... October 21, 2009

Hej min familj!

I would like to start out by saying that I have been taking pictures and I will be sending them next week! Most likely by a CD put I don't know how to send that type of mail. ANYWHO. The pronunciation of Aldste is like Ehldsteh same as Norwegian. But I was sop excited when I found out that Brant is going to the Phillipines! That fits his personality and just HIM so well! Congrats to Tyler & Con for getting their G powers! I'm proud of those rookies! But seeing how Russell is going to be born here very shorty it would be nice to recieve many a picture ASAP! But you guys are so funny with you're Vampire teeth! barely fits in Andrews mouth... Laura looks way scary. the Jakes look a little down-syndromish. And whoosie has got such the whoosie face on! Oh man I love you all! P.S. tell sam to shave. So what's with momma driving a Mazda RX?! you should just take that car (brand new) and I would be a happy boy! But i'm going to miss my audi... all of it's seizures... break downs... over-heating... mmm good times. But thanks for already getting on that! I didn't see Jessica that went to Sweden on her mission but maybe next monday? I think I had her the first monday I was here but I can't remember. So I'm going to be sending you some pictures and don't worry.. I got a haircut TODAY! And boy how it feels good! Congrats to little nossa senhora da mckenna da silva and andrew! love those little toots! Yay for getting a tuff shed! I can't wait to see what that looks like when I get back! Twill be dope! But this week for me... let me tell you!
Nick Romero from the RC answered us. We were talking to him about how grace isn't the only thing we need to be saved. We told him in Eccl 12:14 how the Lord will bring every WORK into judgement. And then in 1 Peter 1:13-17 how we are judged by grace and works. Then we quoted some scriptures from the Book of Mormon to say that we belive the same thing! And that they don't counter-act each other. But the only response he seemed to have was that our views of salvation are wrong and he loves us... but were going to the bad place if we keep on thinking the way we do. So me and Elder Chester have been praying a lot to know what we should do and I have been searching the scriptures to find what exactly he needs to hear. I was thinking we could give him Mosiah 3:12 and them give him Ephesians 2:8 and James 2:17-18. Just to prove that they teach the same thing. And Then Romans 4:16 says it is of Faith that it be by grace. And Faith w/o works is dead. Seems pretty simple to me... but then we thought maybe it's not getting through to him.. So we might just give him 1 Cor 2:5 and say hey... don't rely on us... Pray and ask heavenly father to know the truth. And then give him James 1:5. So were just praying hard on what to say to him! But were doing fine!
In choir we sang Jesus once of Humble Birth. and I was asked to say the opening prayer! (nervous gas) But it was soo AWESOME!
This sunday Richard I Heaton came to us and spoke on Teaching by the spirit. And what really stuck out to me was when he said teaching by the spirit is to Say, Feel, and Do what the Lord would Say, Feel, and Do if he was teaching. I think that is so true because if we always have the most Christlike mind-set I think we will feel prompted to do what he has done. We also had a little activity in class where we Asked questions and then we read some questions from the scriptures on how Jesus asks questions! and how AMZING those are! He asks questions to the people that already contain the answers! BRILLIANT! You can also tell when you have been teaching by the spirit when you learn something which you yourself, taught. Then the Tuesday night devotional was Elder and Sister Robbins of the Seventy. He talked about how we always have to have a Vision, Goal, and Plans. And if we do that, then we will be successfull and the Lord will place people in my path. a quote that stuck out to me though... was, " Success is going from failure to Failure w/o any loss of enthusiasm!" That is true! We know we are successful when things come between us and our objective.. and we go through them w/o a loss of enthusiasm! AHH!! I just want to get out to SWEDEN right now! But I pray that the lord will prepare the way for when I get there... Im going to hit the ground running! Always positive and doing what the Lord would do! I love you all and thanks for all of those who wrote me!

Love you all!
Ha en bra vecka!
Aldste Salima Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment