Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter... October 14, 2009

Dearest Family of mine! Thanks to all those who wrote me! First off I would like to send me best wishes to Robbie! He is such an awesome guy and he deserves better than that! That made me feel so bad! I will be praying for him! On a better note, so the Utes are ranked 24th and BYU is ranked what? Who did the U beat to get us back up there?! Yeah for the 22nd when little Russell is going to be born! So exciting! make sure to send pics! Happy Birthday to Andrew on the 18th and Nossa Senhora McKenna da silva the next day! So fun! This week I was able to find Chase Elwood! Tell his parents he's doing great and we did take a picture together which I will be sending to ya'll shortly... along with some other pics. Thanks for the update on Brock and all of the info he gave about Sweden! That will come to great use later im sure! Happy Birthday to the WHOOSIE tomorrow! I love you dad! You're the best dad anyone could ask for! Thanks for everything! Thanks for the treats this weekend and the CINNAMON ROLLS! very delicious! But I have a lot of candy now... so I'll let ya know when I run out! So how did closing on the house go yesterday! Congrats to Jake & Swa! Thanks for the pictures of the little preciouses in their costumes! So cute! And along with the pictures of the fam! Very much appreciated! Oh and by the way.. Mike's talk REALLY WAS AMAZING! I ran out of time last week but it has been very favored here in the MTC (let him know that). Yay for connor and parents going to the Church Sites! That was such an AWESOME testimony building time for me! Loved it! Oh yeah... make sure not to tell me about the office anymore.. I kinda want it as a surprise when I get home. So this last thursday at the RC we were chatting with an 18 year old who really was surching for the truth... And he said he would belive in the book of mormon if we were to answer his doubts on some subjects. So we WITHOUT HESITATION asked him what his questions were. He had 2. the first one was about Repentance and what he needed to do to be forgiven. And we answered that and cleared it up for him. His last question was on grace and he thought that that's all that we need to do to be saved was by grace. (his question was on us being saved by grace after all that we can do 2 Nephi 25:23 ) and so we had to leave but he gave us his email and so we are going to write him back tomorrow!We gave him Faith w/o works is dead but that still didnt answer his question on grace. So for personal study I looked at grace in True to the Faith and in the Bible Dictionary and it answered his question! Although we told him that we have to do OUR part in order to be saved. So I found SO many scriptures in the Bible and B.O.M. that say that we cannot recieve his grace until we have excersized good works and dont "all that we can do"! HELLO! the answer was right in front of him... he just needed to know where it was in the Bible. So tomorrow were going to answer that question and hopefully it turns out for the best! Missionary work is SO EXCITING! The other day we taught the 1st Lesson in Swedish and challenged our "investigator" to read the introduction and and testimonies at the beginning! Yay for the gift of tongues! So sunday our fireside was by Stephen B. Allen. He is quite the entertaining guy! But he gave us many ways to effectively use PMG and about depression and stuff. Good talk. Then tuesday we got the priviledge to hear from Sister & Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy. He talked about SOOO much! Time flew by quick! But the main message of it all was that we need to teach our investigators to PRAY and READ first and then any trial they have after with keeping the commandments, will come easier for them. He taught us to teach our investigators from the START and how much that can build Faith. He compared 1 Nephi 1-3 to the story of the Restoration and how we should teach from the Book of Mormon the way the Lord inteded us to read from it! start out with basics of Family, and knowledge of the lard and build on top of that. He said the day before he went on his mission he was scared, and the his mom came in.. came up from behind him and wrapped her arms around him and said, " Sweetie, I promise everything will be all right!" And he compared that to Alma 56:44-48. Great story. Reminded me of my cute mother! Love you MOM! Anyways, I love you ALL and thanks for writing me! Keep it up! Ha en bra vecka!
Hej do!
Aldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment