Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter... October 7, 2009

Hej San!

What a week it has been! This week has been quite the spiritual week and so here it goes!
So let me just tell you all that I HIGHLY recommend prayers in the temple. Last week I prayed for many things and guess what? My prayers were answered through teachers, personal study and MOSTLY general conference! But first let me start out by saying congrats to jake and swa on their aniversary on sunday! love you two! Thanks to mom and dad for sending me another copy of my patriarchal blessing, stamps, address book and CANDY! The cookies were gone in two days they were delicious! But the candy and cookies were highly appreciated. For Conference sunday we didn't have choir (for obvious reasons) but we did have a fireside! It was pretty good but I could tell that they probably didn't put that much effort into it. They talk about how singing hymns effects our spirituality (so true) but people just lined up and shared their favorite hymns and we sang them! Pretty cool... but interesting. I'm so stoked for all of those temples being built! An elder sat next to me and said that he was FROM Ft. Lauderdale and he started to get teary eyed because now there is a temple 5 minutes away instead of going to the Orlando one! What an awesome spirit when they announced the temples and everyone cheered because the temples were either in their mission or where they lived! good times. I feel so bad for Brandon Hellberg that stinks so bad that he snapped his COLLA BONE! I love that kid. Thanks to Ailin for sending that poem to me in spanish! It helped out a lot! Love you both! You guys are so silly with grabbing the pillow with my ugly face on it and sleeping with it! But you gotta do what you gotta do! I would love to see those pictures from halloween! haha I love those kids! And... oh yes WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT GETTING A USED CAR! but... we all learn from our mistakes (hopefully) and won't do it again right?! haha Also I wouldn't mind just a pic of the whole family just to pin up on my wall or whatevs. Oh and about my rearview mirror that pops off all the time so dont worry about it... fix it.. then sell it! haha Oh and David and Laurie you two are so clever! that was funny because when I read that you guys set up tents for conference like king benjamin's address I just barely read that the day before! truly inspired parents! Anyways... Olympics in RIO?! are they crazy? do the WANT to kill off the foreign population?! well I'm not going to lie I would really LOVE to go back to brazil for that (hint hint). Now what really boosted my week was CONFERENCE! What an awesome time that was! You could feel the spirit so strong in that room! Grandfather's talk was amazing because I was just studying about Asking... Seeking... And Knocking! I loved every minute of that! But that's so true if we have the faith to know that we will recieve an answer and the "veil will be taken away, and our eyes if understanding will open" I see that happen ALL THE TIME HERE! Elder Bednar's TRULY AMAZING! Express your love, and show it. Bear Testimony.. but not only that... LIVE IT. Be CONSISTANT I know that if we do that "out of small things, procedeth that which is great." Elder andersen's was SOO GOOD on repentance and I bet that happens all the time where people repent but still feel the sadness AFTER still! I just studied today in 2 Nephi 2? I think and that just explains about EVERYTHING we need to do to trust in the lord. Elder Andersen said "we won't forget of our sins, but the lord will" Repentance isn't just turning away from the sin but COMING UNTO CHRIST! which is our purpose here! But what hit me the MOST was Elder Holland's talk on the DIVINITY OF THE BOOK OF MORMON! And then he went about saying how Joseph Smith gave his life.. left his family behind and everything he had for this book! Which led me to a question that I always ask myself... if he did all of this... and translated by himself... how could the book of mormon and all the blessings that come with it... NOT BE TRUE! I love that man I was writing down so much and after a while my chin dropped and I could do nothing but just sit there and soak it all it! What inspired prophets, apostles, and general authorites we have! And the amazing spirit I felt when the Mo Tab sanh " I know that my redeemer lives"!

Well im out of time but I love you all!
All is well!
Hey da!

Aldste Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment